The Business Banking Mission is to be our clients trusted advisor by providing financial solutions that help our clients grow profitably.
Partners with Business Banking Relationship Managers to acquire new clients and expand share of wallet of existing client portfolio of businesses with annual sales from $1 to $10 million, with loan sizes between $150,000 and $5 million. Develops the business plan for the SBA line for their district, in conjunction with the Business Banking Sales Leader. Implements the training and internal business development strategies outlined by market. Utilizes a robust network of local centers of influence in the market that can be leveraged into profitable relationships. Maintains strategic relationships with all Key lines of business in order to effectively refer business and leverage partnerships to deepen and enrich the client experience. Working as the trust advisor, poises the client relationship for deeper cross-sales by their relationship manager for a broad array of appropriate financial products and services, providing pertinent financial information to clients and identifying/referring cross-marketing opportunities. Researches and fully understands competitors’ strengths/weaknesses and product offerings/pricing.
The role of the Senior Small Business Administration Relationship Manager ( Sr. SBA RM) is to prospect and sell new clients as well as expand existing client relationships by consistently delivering the BB value proposition (clients bank at Key because their business is understood, their time is valued and solutions are provided to simplify their lives).
The Sr. SBA RM will be responsible for functions that align with the Key Sales Process (Pipeline & Opportunity Management, Needs Assessment, Present/Pitch, Fulfillment, and Follow Up) in daily work to create a positive Client Experience. This includes:
Pipeline & Opportunity Management
- Maintains an in-depth knowledge of SBA products and a basic knowledge of broader business banking products services as well as knowledge of competitors and competitive products.
- Employs a disciplined approach to prospecting.
- Impacts market referral pipeline via established internal and external centers of influence.
- Actively participates in Community organizations to source business development opportunities and demonstrate Key’s commitment to the local community.
- Generates leads by utilizing all resources including desktop, branch network, COIs, LOB and product partners, First Research, etc.
- Maintains a current comprehensive understanding of client’s needs, based on the review and analysis of personal and business financial data gathered through Relationship Reviews, the Desktop and personal meetings.
- Understands what differentiates KeyBank and develop your unique sales approach that differentiates you in the marketplace.
- Proactively grows full client relationships (deposit/credit relationships), aggressively manages non-profitable client relationships to profitable levels or to alternative delivery channels.
- Becomes proficient at uncovering what will motivate a prospect to purchase our services.
- Makes joint calls with BBRMs and SBRMs to enhance their SBA product knowledge
- Serves as a resource and contact point for Key Bank retail staff regarding the SBA program and products.
- Actively listens to concerns, presents solutions to decision makers and obtain a clear yes, no or next step.
- Functions as client’s credit sponsor with Business Service Center to facilitate the underwriting process and credit approval.
- Ensures that new customer relationships consistently meet all compliance requirements; ensures all documents with loan are completed, correct and sent with loan documentation; works to resolve all loan document exceptions; understands how and why an exception occurred.
- Ensures ongoing contact with new clients to enhance client’s initial experience with Key
- Solicits satisfied clients for referrals to others they know who may need your services on a regular bases.
- Aggressively pursues district client acquisition and fee income goals by successfully closing profitably structured deals.
MARGINAL OR PERIPHERAL FUNCTIONS
Acts as a mentor to less experienced and/or new team members.
Provides feedback to corporate partners regarding new product development.
Coaches branch employees to enhance Business Banking selling skills/ knowledge.
- Undergraduate degree in business/related field or equivalent work experience.
- Five to seven years SBA lending experience.
- Five plus years demonstrated sales and business development experience with proven results.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and strong presentation skills.
- In depth knowledge of SBA products (7(a), 504 and Express) and the SBA Standard Operating Procedures.
- Knowledgable of financial products and banking regulations.
- Demonstrated experience with and broad understanding of personal and commercial financial statements.
- Proven experience with and comprehensive understanding of commercial lending and small business operations.
- Proficient in personal computer applications.
KeyCorp is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer committed to engaging a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
New Product Development