To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Franklin, TN
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Commercial Data Mining COB Analyst - Franklin, TN
UnitedHealth Group • Franklin, TN
Posted 9 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Energize your career with one of Healthcare’s fastest growing companies.
You dream of a great career with a great company – where you can make an impact and help people. We dream of giving you the opportunity to do just this. And with the incredible growth of our business, it’s a dream that definitely can come true. Already one of the world’s leading Healthcare companies, UnitedHealth Group is restlessly pursuing new ways to operate our service centers, improve our service levels and help people lead healthier lives. We live for the opportunity to make a difference and right now, we are living it up.
This opportunity is with one of our most exciting business areas: Optum – a growing part of our family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a Fortune 6 leader.
Optum helps nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating them about their symptoms, conditions and treatments; helping them to navigate the system, finance their healthcare needs and stay on track with their health goals. No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation & Performance.
- Audit paid claims data to identify coordination of benefits overpayments
- Examine, assess, and document business operations and procedures to ensure data integrity, data security and process optimization
- Investigate and resolve overpayments on all claims types, as well as assist in recovery and resolution for health plans, commercial customers, and government entities as needed
- Initiate phone calls to providers, employer groups, and other insurance companies to gather pertinent claim information, such as verification of billed charges, confirmation of services received, and coordination of benefits information
- Work directly with other departments to enhance and refine assigned inventory to maximize value
- Ensure adherence to state and federal compliance policies, reimbursement policies, and contract compliance
- Use pertinent data and facts to identify and solve a range of problems within area of expertise
- Generally work is self-directed and not prescribed
- Works with less structured, more complex issues
- Serves as a resource to others
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 2+ years of experience with claims auditing and researching claims information (experience healthcare billing, claims, auditing, reimbursement, or data)
- 1+ years of experience analyzing data and identify cost saving opportunities
- Experience performing advanced analysis, formulas, data capture, charts, graphs, and presentations with Microsoft Excel
- Knowledge of Medicaid / Medicare Reimbursement methodologies
- Knowledge of claims processing systems (TOPS / UNET, Facets, Diamond, Cosmos, or any other applicable claims processing system
- Experience working with medical claims platforms
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office including Word (create documents), Excel (data entry), and Outlook (send email / calendar utilization)
- Experience in healthcare
- Experience with medical claims COB
Physical Requirements and Work Environment:
- Frequent speaking, listening using a headset, sitting, use of hands / fingers across keyboard or mouse, handling other objects, long periods working at a computer
- Service center environment with moderate noise level due to Representatives talking, computers, printers, and floor activity
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: claims, medical claims, healthcare claims, claims processing, claims processor; office, UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealthcare, training class, customer service representative, customer service, CSR, Data Entry, adjustments, phone support