Olgoonik is an Equal Opportunity Employer - EEO AA M/F/Vet/Disability
The Accounting Manager is responsible for oversight of the Accounting Department and Payroll functions, managing the day to day activities of the Accounting Department and working with the Payroll Supervisor in the management of payroll activities.
- Supervises and participates in the preparation of financial statements and reports, to include statements and reports of estimated future costs and revenues.
- Directs and participates in the review of month-end and year-end closings.
- Directs the maintenance of general and subsidiary ledgers, accounts receivable, revenue distribution, depreciation, cost, property, and operating expenses, and insurance records.
- Assists in the development and implementation of goals, policies, priorities, and procedures relating to financial management, budget, accounting, and/or payroll.
- Directs the implementation and maintenance of accounting records to show receipts and expenditures.
- Directs the implementation and maintenance of new accounting, timekeeping, payroll, inventory, property, systems and other related procedures and controls.
- Directs and participates in cost analyses and rate studies.
- Directs internal audits involving review of accounting and administrative controls, establishes system controls for new financial systems and develops procedures to improve existing systems.
- Assists in the preparation of external audit materials and external financial reporting.
- Provides oversight of Payroll staff, coordinating with the Payroll Supervisor to ensure proper set-up of payroll software, including employee data set-up and management.
- Supports Payroll staff, providing functional knowledge of payroll taxes including the timely processing and filing of W-2s and balance adjustments, ensuring the organization’s compliance with payroll tax reporting and withholding responsibilities.
- Provides guidance regarding payroll tax legislation set-up and calculation in the Accounting system.
- Provides oversight of the tax compliance processes and reporting obligations, develops, implements and documents tax compliance processes, researches applicable tax law changes and implements appropriate procedures as needed.
- Reviews quarterly tax statements, files annual tax statements, audits and validates tax filings, and ensures accuracy and timely completion of filings in accordance with global, federal, state and local requirements.
- Develops and maintains knowledge of tax laws and current developments to identify potential impacts on the business.
- Provides oversight of wage garnishment processes, ensuring accurate garnishment calculations and appropriate communication with the various garnishment agencies.
- Partners with human resources department to collaborate on reporting, analytics, and reconciliations
- Works efficiently in a fast-paced work environment on multiple projects with strong attention to detail.
- Works effectively under a minimum of supervision.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with others.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Education and/or Experience:
- A bachelor's degree in Accounting or a related area and at least 7 years of experience.
- Government contract accounting experience is required.
- Experience with Workers Compensation and DBA insurance issues and audits is required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Suite of products including, Word, Excel, Access and E-mail business software.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) certification preferred.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to be able to occasionally stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; operated vehicles and office equipment, reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop; kneel; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, and distance vision.
Work Environment: General office environment. Some travel both domestically and internationally required based on business demands. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.