To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Milwaukee, WI
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Government Contracts Manager
Global Industrial (a Systemax Company) • Milwaukee, WI
Posted 11 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Position Overview: The primary responsibility of the Government Contracts Manager is to provide full life-cycle contract and subcontract management, for both federal and local government, commercial contracts and agreements. Manages and directs the activities of the team of Government Account Managers. Works closely with IT to maintain contract compliance, reporting and product offering. Secondary responsibilities include overseeing general sales and service, reviewing and processing orders to ensure accuracy. Prepares all documentation for processing and completes recordkeeping requirements. Review and process US Government Request for Quotations, Technical information, Non-Catalog items, Bidders Applications, Special projects and supporting compliance efforts.
- Perform functions necessary for all phases of contract and subcontract management, including but not limited to, contract\/subcontract formation, solicitation, pre- and post-award protest, negotiation, cost and price analysis, award, administration, reporting, termination, and closeout.
- Ensure that contracts, subcontracts, and other agreements are administered in accordance with company policies and procedures, applicable laws and regulations, and customer requirements.
- Monitor and track contract performance (contract schedules, deliverables, funding, invoicing, and payments), and identify potential non-compliances or other problems that could have an adverse impact on the company.
- Participate in the resolution of contract disputes and other post-award contract administration activities.
- Review and prepare various business agreements, such as non-disclosure agreements and teaming agreements, which may be required to support solicitations, contract awards, subcontract awards, and related activities..
- Reviewing and preparing proposal documentation, including representations & certifications, contract forms, transmittal letters, etc.
- Attend Conferences and classes to ensure compliance with our government contracts, promote customer and reseller relations, as well as potential new vendors.
- Processes federal government orders, bids, documentation and special handling needed.
- Preform Go-No-Go process while vetting new RFQ's and RFP's and assist with submittal packages.
- Maintains and updates spreadsheets for the all government contracts and future government contracts. These spreadsheets include but are not limited to keeping the price list and product offering current, vendor production points, contract fees such as IFF reporting, and sales by SIN.
- Keep current file of government blanket purchase orders. Reviews incoming orders released against the blanket purchase order. Makes sure all terms and conditions are followed.
- Completes US government bidders application forms, such as SAMs and keeps a file of them.
- Assists the government sales staff with calls from US government customers and vendors concerning contract related questions.
- Responsible for managing and advancing the skill levels of the Government Account Managers.
- Reviews quotes and orders over $5000 for regulatory and margin requirements.
- Reviews and maintains government sales and reports on a monthly, quarterly or annual basis to the VP of Government Programs.
- Excellent oral\/written communication, presentation, negotiation, organizational skills.
- Bachelor's degree.
- 5 or more years of contract management experience.
- Experience managing, maintaining and promoting GSA schedule.
- Knowledge of FAR and DFAR
- Industrial supply and sales experience a plus.
- Government procurement experience a plus.
- Former government contracting officer experience desirable
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, Access
Who We Are
We've been around for a while, and we believe our continued success is due to the basic principles of recognizing and rewarding superior performance for individuals and teams. We've seen this principle drive innovations and solutions to promote higher levels of productivity and customer service.
Our 70 year history of consistent success provides you with solid employment. We hire employees who are good at what they do and enjoy their work, and we offer a number of benefits and coverage for individuals and families. Our corporate culture strives to maintain strong communication at all levels, professionalism in our work, and respect for our co-workers.
Systemax is the parent company of the Industrial Products Group, which includes GlobalIndustrial.com, GlobalIndustrial.ca\/Avenue, C&H Government, Nexel Industries, Industrial Supplies.com and other affiliated companies. Systemax's France operations include Inmac WStore and Misco
Global Industrial is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage minorities, women, veterans and disabled individuals to apply.