Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitor cash and custody activity for a specified list of funds involving complex private equity fund structures and process transactions related to capital calls, capital distributions, expenses, tax checks, investor cash, and internal transfers.
- Reconcile daily bank statements and ensure that all necessary documentation has been accounted for prior to submittal for review.
- Report discrepancies that arise in a prompt and professional manner to the client, ensuring follow up and reconciliation in a timely manner.
- Monitor internal systems for proper settlement of all Foreign Exchange (FX) and US Dollar (USD) transactions
- Work closely with inter-departmental contacts in processing all necessary paperwork through final completion of wire settlement to ensure risk mitigation.
- Reconcile investor capital call and distribution files as necessary.
- Track delinquent investor activity and report aged items to the client in a timely manner.
- Process monthly investor reconciliation files and follow up internally and with the client when necessary.
- Work closely with auditors and third party administrators during audit cycles.
- During the course of day-to-day operations, employees are may observe unusual or potentially suspicious transaction activity. The specific scenarios and escalation methods are detailed in the relevant procedures and employees are required to follow these procedures ensuring that they identify unusual or potentially suspicious transaction activity and escalate appropriately.
- Other duties as assigned.
About State Street What we do.
- Bachelor's degree with a focus in Accounting, Finance, or Business related coursework preferred or equivalent work experience.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Deadline orientated with the ability to communicate effectively.
- Good time management skills with ability to multi-task.
- Seeks assistance with unfamiliar or difficult situations which may expose the bank to a loss.
- Familiarity with MS application a plus.
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Salary Range:
$43,680 - $62,400 Annual
The range quoted above applies to the role in the primary location specified. If the candidate would ultimately work outside of the primary location above, the applicable range could differ.
- Foreign Exchange Markets