To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
1260 Security Road
Hagerstown, MD 21742
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Mechanical Engineer I, Entry Level
Holcim (US) Inc. A member of LafargeHolcim • Hagerstown, MD
Posted 2 months ago
Provide support to the operation and maintenance of the plant’s equipment. Responsible for creating, implementing, and monitoring Condition Based Maintenance (CBM) programs.
- The Mechanical Engineer will work closely with equipment suppliers, plant staff to ensure successful operation of the plant.
- Responsible for monitoring reliability based systems including preventative maintenance systems, vibration analysis, and condition monitoring.
- Participate in the creation of preventative maintenance routines (PMRs) and bills of materials (BOMs) for new equipment.
- Management of the preventive/predictive maintenance programs (Inspection, Vibration, Oil Analysis, NDT, thermography, etc.) to ensure optimum equipment availability.
- Analysis and elimination of repetitive problems through root cause analysis, Pareto analysis, statistical review, FMEA and similar techniques.
- Support and guide sustainable improvements in Mean Time Between Failure (MTBF) of major equipment.
- Responsible for the facilitation of continuous improvement processes around equipment availability and reliability.
- Provide ongoing reports as needed on the CBM program status.
- Responsible for the process of gathering input, and facilitate task completion through others.
- Research solutions to technical problems.
- Coordinate SAP system operations in the area of preventative maintenance routine (PMR) optimization and development with maintenance planners.
- Provide technical support, training and development for maintenance functions with specific focus on entrenching reliability concepts within the maintenance group.
- Other duties as assigned.
RELATIONSHIPS WITH OTHER JOBS
Closely work with other members of the team to achieve goals which support the plant and the company.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
Required Education: Bachelor's/University Degree
Preferred field of study: Mechanical, Industrial or Electrical Engineering
Other Training/Certifications Required: CBM Certifications preferred.
Work Experience: 0-3 years
Computer and Software Skills: Computer skills, including Excel, Word, Project, etc.
- Self-starter / initiates action / highly motivated team player
- Strong planning and organizational skills and able to communicate technical information to non-technical team members
- Ability to grow with the company into positions of increasing responsibility
- Flexible planning and scheduling skills to be able to execute necessary job in an environment of variable equipment availability
- Demonstrated technical / professional knowledge
- Solid decision-making skills
- Resourceful and innovative
- Strong and effective written and oral communication skills