6+ months with a possible extensionJOB DESCRIPTION:
Client is seeking an experienced SQL Server/PostgreSql DBA to join their Hoboken, NJ based IT department. Working as part of a dedicated DBA operations team and reporting to an operations manager you will be responsible for designing and deploying an MS SQL 2017 SSIS scale out database environment to support full application life cycle.5 years' database administration experience with SQL Server 2016/2017
3 years' database administration experience with PostGreSQLResponsibilities
Required Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities
- Analyze, solve, and correct issues in real time
- Refine and automate regular processes in GIT/VSTS, track issues, and document changes
- Assist developers with query tuning and schema refinement
- Perform scheduled maintenance and support release deployment activities
- Monitor system's health and performance
- Ability to work with SQL Server and Postgres databases. Experience with writing and debugging complex SQL queries.
- Ability to document and troubleshoot problems and effectively communicate with business and technical team members at all levels
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
DESIRED CHARACTERISTICS:Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; Strong analytical skills and detail oriented; Ability to multitask a must – ex. Being on top of many things at one time.
- Windows PowerShell Scripting skills
- Configure SQL Server Integration Services with SSIS Scale Out worker nodes
- Configure and maintain database servers and processes
- Proficient with TSQL / Performance tuning using SQL Profiler
- Experience designing environments that ensure high levels of performance, availability, sustainability.
- Experience architecting Disaster Recovery solutions for the databases supported.
Excellent problem solving skills; Professionally assertive and collegial
Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Access, Excel, PowerPoint), and at least an understanding of financial applications.
Stable career history - Strong willingness and desire to perform in a fast paced environment!
Be a part of the ConsultNet difference. As a leading national provider of IT staffing and solutions, ConsultNet delivers exceptional services to startup, midmarket and Fortune 1000 companies across North America. Since 1996, we've partnered with clients to create rewarding opportunities for our consultants, successfully building teams that have surefire results.
In the past two years alone, we have placed more than 1,500 consultants in contract, contract-to-hire, or direct placement opportunities. We understand communication is key to finding the right job that matches your skills and career goals. For us, it's not just the work that we do; it's how we do the work. Our breadth of offerings extends to multiple IT positions in major markets throughout the country, see more at URL blocked - click to apply
Sql Server Integration Services
Sql (Programming Language)