To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Campbell, CA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
GEO Care • Campbell, CA
Posted 1 month ago
Facility: CDCR PLACEMENT REGION 2
Compensation Base: $25.00 Per Hour
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position oversees all fiscal matters, data collection, and the preparation of technical data intensive reports, with the approval of the STOP Program Manager. The Staff Accountant is responsible for the development, administration and oversight of the fiscal transactions associated with and related to the provision of services to participants. This position is responsible for all funds related to and associated with services provided to participants by the CBPs in the STOP Program Area.
This is a Full-Time role: Monday - Friday (8am - 5pm) W/ 1-hr lunch
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops and maintains a tracking system that merges accounting and program data for STOP program services.
- Projects aftercare expenses based on CDCR population demographics and projections.
- Reviews STOP subcontracts, rates, and payments for authentication; reviews CBP rates, services, and payments for authentication.
- Reviews and approves staff related expense vouchers; auditing community-based source documentation as required.
- Audits STOP records as required; prepares supporting reentry documentation to be submitted with invoices to CDCR.
- Partners, as needed, with GEO Corporate in the development and maintenance of systems, policies and procedures to ensure sound accounting and fiscal practices.
- Partners with the STOP Compliance Administrator to ensure the proper entering, correcting, filing and consolidating of data in the STOP database and that all fiscal reports and data exports to GEO Corporate and CDCR are completed as required.
- Assists the STOP Compliance Administrator in the development and maintenance of quality control procedures to ensure high quality service.
- Assists in monitoring the case management, financial reporting/invoicing, data entry, and transportation processes.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field.
- Documented fiscal experience in the delivery of correctional rehabilitation services or transferable experience in a related field.
- Possession of good interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Experience with STOP or criminal justice population is preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, email, and database software programs.
- Knowledge of legal and compliance standards with program documentation requirements, applicable ethical and professional standards of conduct.
- Aptitude and interest in financial management and accounting.
- Above average mathematical, logical, and analytical skills.
- Excellent communication skills
- Above average customer service attitude and focus.
- Must be collegial and diplomatic.
- Highly organized, with excellent time management skills.
- Ability to multi-task and understand priorities.
- Must be flexible and able to adapt to changing work assignments on a routine basis.
- Strong financial management abilities
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and be an accomplished team player
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department.