Security Guards Needed
Excellent Source of Supplemental Income!
Looking to get your foot in the door somewhere new?
Start earning some extra CA$H now!
Securitas Security Services is looking for eager to learn and ready to work individuals. We have multiple seasonal/temp positions available for those seeking supplemenntal income.These positions are ideal for individuals looking for extra work in the evenings, overnight, and the weekends! Officers for these positions must possess a professional and confident presence, be comfortable working in busy environments and orchestrating crowd control.
Pay rates from $12/hr
HOURS: (PT) Sat/Sun 12a-12p, 3p-11p, & 12p-12a
(PT) Sun/Mon 3p-11p
Openings in Skokie & Mt. Prospect
- Company Paid Uniforms! (guards supply their own socks, shoes, and belt)
- Extensive training programs
- Dedicated Region and Area Management staff to support you!
- Career growth and knowledge opportunities!
EVERYDAY JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Greets all visitors
- Access control of facility-monitor entries/exits, CCTV cameras, gates etc.
- Observes premises; extensive time standing and being on feet
- Reports suspicious activity
- Responds in emergency situations
- Preserves order providing a safe environment for the public
- With or without reasonable accommodation, the physical and mental requirements of this job may include the following: seeing, hearing, speaking, and writing clearly. Occasional reaching with hands and arms, stooping, kneeling, crouching and crawling. Frequent sitting, standing and walking, which may be required for long periods of time, and may involve climbing stairs and walking up inclines and on uneven terrain. Additional physical requirements may include, frequent lifting and/or moving up to 10 pounds and occasional lifting and/or moving up to 25 pounds.
- Must be able to meet and continue to meet any applicable state, county and municipal licensing and permit requirements for Security Officers and armed security work and specific protective device and weapons qualifications.
- Required to utilize rapid and effective judgment in responding to unusual or emergency situations
MINIMUM HIRING STANDARDS:
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have a reliable means of communication (i.e., pager or phone).
- Must have a reliable means of transportation to and from work.
- Valid Driver's License; not required for all sites
- Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
- Must have the ability to speak, read, and write English.
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED. If not, must be willing to complete the GED program within six months of hire.
- Must be willing to participate in the Company's pre-employment screening process, including drug screen and background investigation.
- Must be able to pass both drug screen and background investigation
Need supplemental income? Apply Today!
Veteran Commitment: Securitas Security Services USA, Inc. commits to hiring returning veterans!