You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Maintenance Technician - Indianapolis, IN
UPholdings is a comprehensive Real Estate firm dedicated to creating, operating, and sustaining quality affordable housing in communities throughout several states in the United States. We are currently looking for an experienced, upbeat, and dependable individual to fill our Maintenance Technician role at one property in the Chicagoland area. If you are great at keeping things operational and organized, have experience with property maintenance work and have a passion for helping residents with property maintenance related matters, we would love to meet you.
- Physically walks the property on a frequent basis and removes litter, debris and pet droppings from the grounds. It is especially critical that the following areas remain neat and free of litter at all time: Laundry/Mail rooms (if applicable), dumpster areas, and recreation areas, grounds adjacent to the road, in front of the office, walkways in-between buildings/parking lots, etc. Performs trash-out duties at vacated apartments on a daily basis. Removes all abandoned furniture, trash, boxes
- Transfers trash and other items left outside of dumpster into dumpsters. Pick-up and sweep area. Keeps dumpster doors closed on windy days
- Cleans and rakes shrub areas; shovels mud when necessary. Use blower to keep sidewalk and walking areas clean of loose grass and brush
- Repairs and replace windows, screens, sliding glass doors, etc. Performs routine maintenance on property as requested by Manager and Superintendent.
- Assists with various physical tasks as directed; e.g., tearing down fences, digging post holes, carrying abandoned sofas, etc.
- Assists with apartment preparation duties when requested
- Helps clean and maintain storage areas
- Performs interior and exterior painting duties when requested. Carries buckets of paint from storage area to work site
- Completes minor and routine service requested when requested by Manager and/or Superintendent. Follow procedures when service requests are performed.
- Change locks, make keys when directed
- Performs any additional duties assigned by the Manager or Superintendent.
Upholdings offers a quality benefits package including Medical and Dental, company paid Long Term Disability and Life and AD&D Insurance as well as 401k plan, each after completion of the required waiting period.
UPholdings is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This standard applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. UPholdings makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.Requirements:
• Must have three to five years' experience in property management maintenance, including general maintenance, carpentry, painting, light plumbing repairs, necessary preventive maintenance, and inventory management.
• Must be able to work independently.
• The Maintenance Technician will work full time Monday through Friday, with evening and weekend hours as needed.
• The ability to lift more than 40 pounds, walk moderate distances and climb flights of stairs is required.
Frequent need (25% to 35% of the time) to utilize personal vehicles to transport items, as well as inspect apartments, properties and be on call for after hour emergencies.
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: 3979593111
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.