Penski Staffing a CorTech is a service-oriented staffing/recruiting company dedicated to working closely with our clients. We are currently hiring for Residential Care Counselor in Lowville, NY.
A Residential Care Counselor would work directly with individuals with intellectual disabilities to teach, support, and to facilitate choices for people in their homes and within their communities. Must be comfortable with providing total personal care and providing other daily living skill supports as needed.
- Assist residents in daily tasks and activities
- Assure maintenance, housekeeping, and food preparation duties of the residence are neat and a healthy and safe environment
- Provide oversight and guidance, when needed, to residents completion of household tasks around the facility with the goal of increasing independence
- Review daily notes and house logs since last shift to be up-to-date with all residents
- Follow fiscal accountability procedures and maintain accurate financial records for each individual
$12-13/hour depending on shift
Passion to work for a mission-based organization.
Must be reliable and dependable.
Experience with individuals with intellectual/developmental disabilities, a plus, but not necessary.
Valid NYS driver's license.
HS Diploma or GED.
Obtain and maintain certification in CPR, First Aid, and medication administration.
Must stay awake overnight, for the duration of the shift.
Outline Of Food Preparation