The Specialty Care Manager provides clinical assessments and customer clinical management for Perform Specialty Pharmacy. This position performs Initial patient assessments on multiple disease states, home care coordination for injection training, coordination and documentation in the patient record, and clinical review of all information needed to complete the Schedule First Order Nurse function according to operational policy and procedures.
• Provides clinical related information, evaluates patient clinical needs for specific therapies that treat chronic diseases, terminal illnesses, genetic disorders, bleeding disorders, and others within our Specialty Pharmacy. As Evidenced by: answering questions; researching information; completing requests, advising internal and external customer groups on drugs or drug therapies and disease states, nursing practice and company operations.
• Ensures continuity of care by verifying, collecting, analyzing, organizing and reviewing patient data, medical histories, and evaluating, instructing, problem solving, according to specific plans of care for drug or drug therapies.
• Drives patient compliance by reviewing patient profiles, answering patient medical inquiries, contacting appropriate medical professionals and referring patients, when needed, to the appropriate departments to assure adherence to plan of care.
• Collaborates with all staff team members to ensure team effectiveness and productivity and offering suggestions for improvement.
• Follows all internal processes and procedures to ensure activities are handled in accordance with departmental and company policies and procedures.
• Clear/Active Florida Licensed Practical Nurse required, RN preferred.
• Three to five years professional practice experience required.
• Clinical experience in specialty areas such as, Home Infusion, Hospital Experienced, Physician office experience, Pediatrics, Oncology/Hematology preferred.
• Care management experience in a Specialty Pharmacy preferred.
• Bilingual Spanish/English desired.
Diseases And Disorders