Middleware Engineering DBA - Middleware Engineering
MIDDLEWARE ENGINEER provides software-based infrastructure solutions and subject-matter expertise to application development teams. This group ensures the firm is positioned for emerging technology offerings that span Big Data, Machine Learning, Database, Messaging, Java, App Entitlement Management, External Financial Messaging, and related engineering efforts.
Middleware Engineering manages a wide spectrum of database products ranging from SQL, NoSQL, and Big Data offerings both on-prem and in the Public Cloud. The successful candidate should be familiar with most of these products and should be able to drive the Application engagement, troubleshooting, automation, and self-service strategy for operational support. Database engineer will work with application teams on lifecycle management, automation, troubleshooting performance issues, and advising on Sybase ASE, DB2 UDB, Postgres, and SAP IQ platforms.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Installation, configuration, upgrade, and ongoing maintenance (including DR) of the environment
- Partner with engineering teams to understand technology offerings and how they can be applied to solve business problems.
- Responsible for a reduction in operational overhead by building automated / self-service tools using both scripting and high-level programming languages
- Continually evaluate the operation of the environment and assist in optimizing the delivery of the products to clients
- Strategic engagement with application development teams to provide timely end-to-end delivery of appropriate platform solutions.
- Interface with application and development community to analyze and resolve escalations.
- Provide technical guidance on established infrastructure best practices to the IT community and business.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Advanced database administration skills with Sybase ASE or DB2 UDB
- Advanced skills in database troubleshooting, performance & tuning, DB modeling
- Strong working experience with the Unix/Linux Operating systems
- Strong communication skills - ability to articulate thoughts clearly and influence the outcome
- Working knowledge of scripting languages, i.e. Python, Perl, Shell
- Strong ability to work as part of a global team
- Experience in MongoDB/Oracle/SAP IQ is a big plus
• Python coding skills a plus.
Installations (Computer Systems)
Perl (Programming Language)
Sql (Programming Language)
Java (Programming Language)