Position Title: Home Mortgage Loan Specialist
Department: Home Mortgage Sales-Eureka/Arcata
Position Summary: The Home Mortgage Specialist is responsible for soliciting loan applications, quoting rates and compiling information to submit complete loan packages to the Home Mortgage underwriting department. The specialist will develop outside referral sources for new customers and will be responsible for assisting customers referred from assigned branches.
- Meets loan production goals as assigned by the Home Mortgage Sales Manager.
- Provides exceptional customer service.
- Solicits real estate loan applications from sources outside the bank with effective business development efforts.
- Quotes rates and explains programs accurately and completely to borrowers.
- Compiles loan packages and relevant documentation to be submitted for processing while strictly adhering to all regulatory and bank requirements for the protection of customer’s Non-Public Personal Information (NPPI).
- Coordinates with processor, customer, Title Company, etc. as necessary.
- Develops a productive team atmosphere with assigned branches and the Home Mortgage underwriting department.
- Maintains a current understanding of established Tri Counties Bank policies and procedures including but not limited to regulations as they pertain to mortgage loans: SAFE Act, Equal Credit Opportunity Act (Reg B), Truth in Lending (Reg Z), Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) Fair Lending, Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act (RESPA), Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), OFAC compliance, Identity Theft red flags, Unfair Deceptive or Abusive Acts or Practices (UDAAP), privacy- Gramm-Leach Bliley Act (GLBA) and Non-public Personal Information (NPPI) regulations, Dodd Frank Loan Origination Rule, Dodd Frank Qualified Mortgage/Ability to Repay Rules, and Home Mortgage Disclosure Act (HMDA).
- Refers customers back to branch partners for possible cross sell opportunities when appropriate.
- Performs other work-related duties as assigned.
- Maintains working knowledge of loan product alternatives.
Education, Experience, And Other Skills Required:
- High school diploma or GED required, undergraduate degree preferred.
- Minimum 5 years direct experience in mortgage lending or related field.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Good organizational skills to accommodate involvement in multiple areas.
- Ability to work with people in an efficient, friendly and professional manner.
- Ability to utilize personal computers and Windows driven programs.
- Able to be registered as a mortgage loan originator (MLO) in the Nationwide Mortgage License System and Registry (NMLS).
Established in 1975, Tri Counties Bank is a wholly-owned subsidiary of TriCo Bancshares (NASDAQ:TCBK) headquartered in Chico, California, providing a unique brand of customer Service with Solutions available in traditional stand-alone and in-store bank branches in communities throughout Northern and Central California.
The Bank provides an extensive and competitive breadth of consumer, small business and commercial banking financial services, along with convenient around-the-clock ATM, online and mobile banking access.
Tri Counties Bank has remained strong and profitable through a top-down commitment to its core values, sound business principles and responsible lending practices.
Our success is also based on our involvement in the communities we serve. The personal touch comes naturally to Tri Counties Bankers. You may recognize us at business, school and non-profit events, baseball games and local eateries, skiing in the mountains, boating on the lakes, and fishing the local streams or attending an event in The City or on the peninsula.
Transaction Processing (Business)