National Gypsum Company, headquartered in Charlotte, NC, is the exclusive service provider of reliable, high-performance building products marketed under the Gold Bond®, ProForm® and PermaBASE® brands. The National Gypsum name – through its Gold Bond®, ProForm® and PermaBASE® product lines – has been synonymous with high-quality, innovative products, and exceptional customer service since 1925.
For decades, we have saved our customers time and money by providing the industry’s best, most reliable building products, resources and services. We are Building Products for a Better Future® one project at a time.
National Gypsum Company operates as a family of companies working together toward a common goal with collaboration and open communication. Our corporate entities include: NG Corporate, LLC; National Gypsum Services Company; Gold Bond Building Products, LLC; Gold Bond Canada, LLC; ProForm Finishing Products, LLC; PermaBASE Building Products, LLC; and Unifix Inc.
National Gypsum Services Company has an immediate opening for a Field Sales Representative – Gulf Sales Area. This position is responsible for the Louisiana, Southern MS, Southern AL and Western FL Panhandle locations. This position will report to the gulf area sales manager.
Hiring Entity: national gypsum services company
The position of Field Sales Representative is held by individuals with a sustained record of sales achievement and a thorough knowledge of the company’s products, policies, and procedures. Serve as the primary contact to existing and potential major customers for the organization’s products or services. The selected candidate will cultivate and maintain favorable ongoing business relationships with direct customers, contracting and subcontracting firms and architects who specify and purchase our company’s products through our direct customers. They will also add value to the company’s relationship with direct customers by acting as a market source of business leads, engaging in problem solving and undertaking and supporting various initiatives for these customers. They will be a trusted technical resource for the contractor community by providing comprehensive understanding of the company’s product portfolio and technical systems. They are expected to drive product sales through significant commercial projects as well as residential contractor relationships. The selected candidate will be an important source of marketplace intelligence for National Gypsum as it relates to competitive activity and recommended strategic responses.
Major Job Responsibilities ( not all inclusive):
- Promote NGC products to exceed assigned objectives for volume and price
- Establish, develop and maintain strong relationships with direct and indirect customers; i.e. dealers, contractors, builders, architect, and thereby control the sales and placement of our products
- Develop, implement, and adopt territory sales plans based on ongoing analysis of market conditions which assess opportunities for competitive advantage consistent with company objectives
- Coordinate efforts and communicate effectively with sales management, demand management, marketing, and manufacturing
- Identify and track all relevant job leads and product specification opportunities
- Investigate, evaluate, report and remedy customer service issues pertaining to complaints, credit problems, carriers, sales tools, etc., ensuring customer satisfaction consistent with NGC objectives
- Effectively organize, plan and manage activities both independently and in a team setting
- Seek and maintain any necessary professional certifications and technical knowledge
- Create a best in Industry value proposition as it relates to technical acumen, market knowledge, project knowledge and product representation
- Manage and stay within assigned budget
- Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent work experience
- A minimum of five years successful field sales experience, preferably in the building materials industry
- Valid driver’s license/driving record
- Personal strengths such as:
- Integrity and trust
- Strong ethics and personal values
- Demonstrated aptitude for problem solving and conflict management
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Superior oral communication and presentation skills
- Good judgment
- Highly motivated and action oriented
- Strong organizational skills
- Technically savvy
- Possess a strategic acumen
- Enthusiasm, reliability and ability to multi-task
- Competitive salary;
- Comprehensive benefits to include:
- 401(k) with employer match
- Retirement Account
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Life Insurance
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Flexible spending accounts
- Wellness Program with medical premium incentives
-Interested / Qualified candidates, please apply online
-No phone calls or third-party recruiters, please
-Employment ready applicants only
The above information on this description has been designated to indicate the general nature and level of work. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of an associate assigned to this position. The company enforces a tobacco-free policy at all its locations.
All National Gypsum Company and corporate affiliate companies, including: NG Corporate, LLC, National Gypsum Services Company, Gold Bond Building Products, LLC, Gold Bond Canada, LLC, ProForm Finishing Products, LLC, PermaBASE Building Products, LLC and Unifix Inc , are Equal Opportunity Employers. Please visit [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Field Sales Representative - Gulf Sales Area to view all of our exciting employment opportunities. Employment contingent upon successful completion of background investigation. Pre-employment drug screening is required. All companies participate in E-Verify. E-Verify is an internet-based system that compares information from an employee’s Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification, to data from U.S. Department of Homeland Security and Social Security Administration records to confirm employment eligibility. www.dhs.gov/e-verify.
- Sales Territory
- Self Motivation
- Sales Management
- Interpersonal Skills