OPC Pest Services is one of the largest 100 pest management firms in the country! Our mission is to help protect our customer’s health and property by providing valuable, high quality solutions delivered by passionate professionals. We have built our reputation on our company’s belief of putting the customer experience first and the Pest Control Technician is key to delivering on this purpose.
The Successful Pest Control Technician Will . . .
- Deliver high quality pest management services in accordance with company, manufacturer, and governmental guidelines to residential, industrial, institutional and commercial customers
- Read and follow all label instructions for products utilized while performing pest management services
- Develop and maintain records of field activities, such as, but not limited to, service tickets, inspection reports, and service agreements
- Collect payments from customers at the time of service, if applicable
- Partner with call center and office staff to schedule/reschedule services
- Prioritize work and rearrange service calls as necessary
…And serve as a key member of the branch team!
- Competitive hourly compensation
- Market leading software including a company provided Smart phone
- Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision & life insurance
- 401(k) plan with company match, employee stock purchase plan
- A generous Paid Time Off (PTO) plan, and paid holidays after a waiting period
- Continuous training and education through our in-house training sessions as well as outside seminars
Why OPC Pest Services?
- OPC Pest Services is a family operated business and a QualityPro certified company
- We have grown since inception in 1972 to become the premier pest management company based in Kentucky
- Work with an area leader who is routinely published as one of the largest 100 pest management firms in the U.S. according to PCT Magazine
- The Pest Management Industry is growing – and is a recession resistant line of business.
- OPC Pest Services is financially stable and a growing subsidiary of [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Service Technician, (NYSE: ROL), headquartered in Atlanta, GA.
Join OUR High Quality Pest Control Team!
We require a good driving record and the ability to pass a drug screen. Candidates must be at least at least 18 years of age as well as meet physical job requirements and safely perform the following job duties with or without accommodations as well as the ability to obtain the pesticide license through the Kentucky Department of Agriculture within the first 90 days of employment (company paid):
- Safely use a ladder within the manufacturer's weight capacity
- Lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to kneel, crawl, bend, squat, reach and squeeze with both hands
- Safely access crawl spaces, attics, confined spaces, rooftops, etc.
- Ability to work in all types of weather conditions
Additional Context: competitive earnings, career, management, military, leadership development program, manager trainee, service, construction, lawn, route, field, delivery, uniform, warehouse, retail, restaurant, hotel, hospitalityExperience
- Less than 1 year(s): Experience and/or the ability to work in the field independently
- Less than 1 year(s): Experience in a service related industry or branch structure preferred but not required
- Less than 1 year(s): Experience and/or the ability to manage territory-based assignments
Licenses & Certifications
- High School/GED or better
- Customer Service
- Problem Solving Ability
- Follow Specifications
- Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
- Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
- Loyal: Shows firm and constant support to a cause
- Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help
- Growth Opportunities: Inspired to perform well by the chance to take on more responsibility
- Goal Completion: Inspired to perform well by the completion of tasks
- Job Security: Inspired to perform well by the knowledge that your job is safe
- Financial: Inspired to perform well by monetary reimbursement
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
See job description