To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Orange Park, FL 32065
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
DRIVER - Orange Park, Consulate Health Care of
Consulate Health Care • Orange Park, FL
Posted 13 days ago
Job ID 26609
Position Location US-FL-Orange Park
Facility Name Orange Park, Consulate Health Care of
Job Category Transportation
Position Status FT (Full Time)
Purpose of Your Job Position
As a Consulate Health Care Driver, you are entrusted with the responsibility of caring for our residents, families, co-workers, visitors and all others; as well as demonstrating in all interactions, Consulate Health Care’s five core values of Compassion, Honesty, Integrity, Respect and Passion. The primary purpose of your job position is responsible for performing at assigned locations the safe, efficient transporting of ambulatory and non-ambulatory residents; adhering to specific procedures and programs; coordinating work within the department as well as with other department; complying with all operating policies and procedures; reporting pertinent information to the assigned supervisor; responding to inquiries or requests for information; interacting in a courteous, tactful, friendly and cooperative manner; handling issues, complaints, inquiries and questions; attending all mandatory inservice meeting and education programs. You are entrusted to provide innovative, responsible healthcare with the creation and implementation of new ideas and concepts that continually improve systems and
processes to achieve superior results. MUST HAVE A CLEAN DRIVING RECORD AND BE A CERTIFIED NURSING ASSISTANT
As Driver, you are delegated the administrative authority, responsibility, and accountability necessary for carrying out your assigned duties. Responsible for performing at assigned locations the safe, efficient transporting of ambulatory and non-ambulatory residents; adhering to specific procedures and programs; coordinating work within the department as well as with other department; complying with all operating policies and procedures; reporting pertinent information to the assigned supervisor; responding to inquiries or requests for information; interacting in a courteous, tactful, friendly and cooperative manner; handling issues, complaints, inquiries and questions; attending all mandatory inservice meeting and education programs. No supervisory function. This job description does not list all the duties of the job.
You may be asked by supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description. The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time, for any reason.
Facility and Benefit Information
Duties and Responsibilities
- Inspects and prepares daily assigned vehicle(s) assuring its safe, efficient operation and use
- Maintains clean vehicles, both interior and exterior, according to prescribed agency standards.
- Transports and assists ambulatory and non-ambulatory residents and non-residents where and when applicable, according to prescribed procedures and itineraries.
- Picks-up and delivers mail, supplies, equipment, and both resident and agency parcels, as requested.
- Reports and refers to supervisor abnormal or unsafe conditions observed in the course of performing job duties.
- Completes and logs daily Driver Activity and Vehicle Reports according to prescribed procedures.
- Performs “on call” duties for transporting residents according to established schedules.
- Assist with facility “set-ups” as may be required.
- Performs daily resident checks according to facility procedures, where applicable.
- Provides messenger and delivery service in accordance with federal, state, and local regulations and law.
- Performs washing and polishing of agency vehicles according to prescribed schedules.
- Insures an atmosphere, which allows for the privacy, dignity, and well being of all residents, patients, and clients in a safe, secure environment.
- Follows universal and, when appropriate, transmission-based precautions.
- Maintains awareness of individual responsibilities under the established Fire Safety/Disaster plan.
- Supports and participates in the organization’s performance improvement initiatives.
- Complies with Diakon’s code of Conduct, Corporate Compliance Program and all related policies and procedures, including the reporting and educational requirements of the Program, and with all applicable federal, state, and local laws, regulations, and standards.
- Coordinates specific work tasks with other personnel within the department as well as with other units and departments in order to ensure the smooth and efficient flow of information.
- Reports pertinent information to the immediate supervisor as requested, or according to an established schedule; compiles information as necessary or as directed and provides data to appropriate personnel.
- Responds to inquiries relating to his/her particular area, or to requests from customers, other personnel, etc., within given time frames and within established policy.
- Interacts with residents, residents’ families, volunteers, visitors and the general public as well as other employees and departments in a courteous, tactful, friendly, and cooperative manner.
- Handles issues, complaints, inquiries and questions from residents and the general public. Attends all mandatory inservice education programs and required meetings.
- Embrace Consulate Health Care’s five core values of compassion, honesty, integrity, respect, and passion, and incorporate them into daily job function.
- Demonstrate respect and compassion in every interaction.
- Conduct oneself with the highest degree of honesty and integrity in every interaction.
- Demonstrate a passion for caring as evidenced by interaction with co-workers, residents, families, and visitors.
- May be trained and assigned to perform the Customer Care Liaison duties as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Follow established safety regulations, to include fire protection/prevention, smoking regulations, infection control, etc.
Follow established ergonomics policies and procedures governing lifting techniques, repetitive tasks, and the use of safety equipment and
supplies to prevent work-related injuries and illnesses.
Maintain the confidentiality of all resident care information including protected health information. Report known or suspected incidents of
unauthorized disclosure of such information.
Review complaints and grievances made by the resident and make a written/oral report to the Nurse Supervisor indicating what action(s)
were taken to resolve the complaint or grievance. Follow the facility’s established procedures.
Moves intermittently during working hours.
Is subject to frequent interruptions.
Is involved with residents, personnel, visitors, government agencies/personnel, etc., under all conditions and circumstances.
Is subject to hostile and emotionally upset residents, family members, personnel, and visitors.
Communicates with nursing personnel and other department directors.
Works beyond normal working hours, on weekends and holidays, and in other positions temporarily, when necessary.
Is subject to call back during emergency conditions (e.g., severe weather, evacuation, post-disaster, etc.)
Attends and participates in continuing educational programs.
Is subject to injury from falls, burns from equipment, odors, etc., throughout the workday, as well as to reactions from dust, disinfectants,
tobacco smoke, and other air contaminants.
Is subject to exposure to infectious waste, diseases, conditions, etc., including TB and AIDS and Hepatitis B viruses.
May be subject to the handling of and exposure to hazardous chemicals.
A high school diploma or equivalent normally required. Current, valid unencumbered drivers/chauffer driver’s license.
A minimum of one (1) year experience in similar driving position required.
Must have a valid State driver’s license and where required a valid State commercial driver’s license with a passenger endorsement.
Must have moderate reading, writing, grammer and mathematics skills.
Must have satisfactory completion of a pre-employment D.O.T physical (post-offer) and a physical examination every two years.
Must have CPR certification and first aide training (or eligibility and pursuit of certification)
Must have proficient interpersonal relations and communicative skills.
Physical and Sensory Requirements
(With or Without the Aid of Mechanical Devices)
Must be able to move intermittently throughout the workday.
Must be able to speak and write the English language in an understandable manner.
Must be able to cope with the mental and emotional stress of the position.
Must be able to see and hear or use prosthetics that will enable these senses to function adequately to ensure that the requirements of this
position can be fully met.
Must function independently and have flexibility, personal integrity, and the ability to work effectively with residents, personnel, and support
Must meet the general health requirements set forth by the policies of the company, which include a medical and physical examination.
Must be able to relate to and work with the ill, disabled, elderly, emotionally upset, and, at times, hostile people within the facility.
Must be able to push, pull, move, and/or lift a minimum of 50 pounds to a minimum height of 5 feet and be able to push, pull, move, and/or
carry such weight a minimum distance of 50 feet.
May be necessary to assist in the evacuation of residents during emergency situations.
Where Will Compassion Take You?
At Consulate Health Care, we're looking for talented, compassionate and hard-working individuals who are eager to serve others. Our team members go above and beyond to give our residents and patients the care they deserve — so you'll find that every day with Consulate Health Care offers new and exciting opportunities to learn and grow.
Compassionate hearts and passionate dedication – these two qualities shine in our team members and provide the foundation for our mission of “Providing Service With Our Hearts and Hands” . The compassion you'll show to residents, patients and their families is the lifeline of our business, while relationships with your peers and coworkers will strengthen our vibrant, diverse community.
Consulate Health Care is one of the nation's leading providers of Senior healthcare services, specializing in post-acute care. Operating in 21 states, we offer services ranging from short-term transitional care to Alzheimer’s and dementia care.
- 24-hour skilled nursing care
- Comprehensive post-acute care
- Physical, Occupational and Speech therapies
- "Your Journey Home" short-term rehab program
- Alzheimer's and dementia care
- Care for medically-complex patients