To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Washington, DC
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Local Sales Manager
KWES-TV Midland/Odessa • Washington, DC
Posted 1 month ago
TEGNA is breaking the mold for how media companies operate. Recently named Station Group of the Year by Broadcasting and Cable, we have committed vast resources to transform our sales operations. To compete and win in the new media landscape we need innovative sales leaders to join us on this journey and be part of our future growth and success. Are you ready?
WUSA9 in Washington DC seeks an experienced Local Sales Manager. This position is responsible for leading a sales strategy that will focus on the development of new enterprise business to successfully deliver customer solutions through an integrated suite of media platforms including television, digital, mobile and other emerging products. The Local Sales Manager will be responsible for developing a strong, forward thinking sales team and will successfully work with all levels of the Washington DC area business community. The position reports to the Director of Sales.
If you can answer yes to these questions, this job might be right for you:
- I have a demonstrated track record of success in media sales?
- I would like to be a part of re-shaping the way a media company operates?
- I am equally passionate about developing the members of my team as I am about over-achieving the budget?
- It excites me to think I would have the best set of digital tools in the business?
- I am seen as a leader and innovator?
- I like the intensity of a fast-moving environment?
- Manage key local accounts with account executives
- Develop creative and effective customer focused solutions using all media platforms
- Maintain customer satisfaction and accountability through consultative selling
- Identify market potential through lead generation and qualification
- Expand core business by introducing new products and services; developing new applications
- Coach and lead account executives by participating in client meetings, building deep relationships with decision makers
- Responsible for setting the pace and constantly providing feedback to account executives to improve their performance
- Complete appropriate business activity reports and forecasts
- Bachelors degree in related field
- Five years of sales management experience in television, digital or media industry preferred
- Documented record of exceeding budgeted revenue goals
- Demonstrated interpersonal and leadership skills for motivating staff and maximizing revenue performance
- Must have strong time management and organizational skills; candidate must be able to work in a fast paced, high-pressured, evolving environment
- Proficiency with Excel, PowerPoint, Word, WideOrbit Sales, WideOrbit Traffic and Salesforce
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. With 47 television stations and two radio stations in 39 markets, TEGNA delivers relevant content and information to consumers across platforms. It is the largest owner of top 4 affiliates in the top 25 markets, reaching approximately one-third of all television households nationwide. Each month, TEGNA reaches 50 million adults on-air and approximately 35 million across its digital platforms. TEGNA has been consistently honored with the industry's top awards, including Edward R. Murrow, George Polk, Alfred I. DuPont and Emmy Awards. TEGNA delivers results for advertisers through unparalleled and innovative solutions including OTT local advertising network Premion, centralized marketing resource Hatch, and G/O Digital, a one-stop shop for local businesses to connect with consumers through digital marketing. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. For more information, visit www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information.