About the Position:
The Service Specialist is an excellent entry level store position, with many opportunities for growth and learning within our Save Mart family of businesses in the grocery industry. Our Service Specialist play an important role in the efficient operations of the front-end, by providing friendly, fast and effective customer service. Your goal as a Service Specialist is to create a friendly, welcoming, and helpful store atmosphere, establishing loyal repeat customers.
No experience required!
- Must be at least 16 years old
- Ability to lift 40 pounds. Continuous walking, standing, reaching, and bending.
- Environment includes indoor and outdoor with exposure to widely varying temperatures.
- Ability to read, write, and speak English proficiently.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service.
- Strong team player with a willingness and desire to learn, work hard, and have fun with it!
- Availability to work a variety of shifts, including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
Provide a remarkable shopping experience for our customers by greeting and engaging with each customer, offering assistance, being approachable and friendly, and by going the extra mile to ensure that our customers are taken care of.
- Perform store sweeps, with emphasis on front-end and entrance areas; ensuring floors are free of spills or debris, to provide a safe environment for customers as well as co-workers.
- Routine and daily cleaning of registers and belts, emptying check stand trash cans, dusting and facing shelves.
- Collect all shopping carts from the parking lot, maintaining a cart-free lot throughout the duration of your shift.
- Perform price checks, and assist with go backs returning items to correct location, with perishables being the first priority.
- Assisting Clerks to move lines quickly at busy times by bagging groceries quickly and efficiently, taking care to protect quality and condition of items.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Some of our awesome benefits include: benefits package options which include Health, Dental, Vision, Life, 401K, flexible schedule options, Foodie Friday events (great eats and games!) throughout the year, Employee Connection (earn fun and valuable prizes!), Life Long Learning – Educational opportunities, Employee Association (discounted and free tuition options, contests, and support services).
Hardworking And Dedicated
Front End (Software Engineering)
See the next step in your career
Service Specialist - 1133 Old County Rd., San Carlos, CA 94070
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
Job ID: req15765
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Save Mart Supermarkets is looking for people who care about their communities and who want to make a difference in their workplace. If you are a talented individual who wants to bring your passion for food and a remarkable shopping experience to the Save Mart Supermarkets team, we want to hear from you. We love what we do and seek people who share our commitment to bringing fresh products and extraordinary service to our customers.
Since our first store opened in 1952, Save Mart has been recognized for being innovators in the grocery business and making remarkable customer service a daily principle. Our communities, our customers and our employees are our priority.
Save Mart Supermarkets is a family-owned retail grocer headquartered in Modesto, California – the heart of the agriculturally-rich San Joaquin Valley. The communities we serve are vibrant with traditions and multi-cultural lifestyles. Modesto, which has a mild year-round climate, has easy access to many major attractions in California: the San Francisco Bay Area and Santa Cruz to the west and California's Gold Country, Sierra Nevada Mountains, Lake Tahoe and Yosemite National Park to the east.
Save Mart operates stores throughout the Central Valley, San Francisco Bay Area, and Northern Nevada under the names of Save Mart, S-Mart Foods, Lucky, and FoodMaxx. Save Mart owns three distribution centers and SMART Refrigerated Transport, a trucking firm that transports dry groceries, frozen foods, ice and novelties to all of Save Mart's stores. In addition to transporting Save Mart's merchandise, we also operate throughout the state as a "for hire carrier," transporting product for other companies as well.
Some of our competitive benefits include: generous benefits package (health, dental, vision, life insurance, and 401(k), Foodie Friday events, The Save Mart Connection interactive employee portal, educational opportunities through our Life Long Learning program, and Save Mart Employee Association (discounts, tuition opportunities, contests, and support services).
View the full profile