To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Los Angeles, CA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
University Payroll Accountant
Another Source • Los Angeles, CA
Posted 1 month ago
Another Source’s client, UCLA, is recruiting a University Payroll Accountant to join their team Corporate Financial Services team. Dreaming of a career opportunity where you know your work supports opportunities for others to make an impact in the world? A career where you are challenged and where you get to work with a variety of teams across a campus? The UCLA Financial Services team is building out a new Central Resource Unit (CRU) that will revolutionize service levels on campus.
As one of Southern California’s top five employers, UCLA is the workplace of more than 42,000 people and contributes $12.7 billion to the economy. The innovation, the complexity, and the diversity are endless at UCLA. When you join the University you are expanding your career beyond a team to an economic engine with a world of opportunity.
Under the general direction of the Manager and GL Team supervisor, you will perform technical analysis of accounting transactions and reporting generated through UCPath. The University Payroll Accountant (internally called an Accountant II) will provide technical guidance to department administrators on how to set up funding and transfer salary in UCPath. Collaborate with UCOP central team to report and resolve defects related to UCPath GL data. You will perform balance sheet account reconciliations on a monthly basis for approximately 300 balance sheet accounts.
- 60% Perform balance sheet account reconciliations
- 20% UCPath Administration
- 15% CDW Administration (Central Data Warehouse)
- 5% Other Duties
Experience You Will Bring To The Team:
- Demonstrated skill in financial analysis and in reconciling large clearing accounts, from the planning stage through completion.
- Working knowledge of, and ability to apply generally accepted accounting principles, practices, and procedures.
- Ability to complete complex, detailed accounting transactions that requires knowledge of Payroll benefits and taxes, and meticulous attention to detail.
- Skill in writing concise, logical, and grammatically correct business correspondence.
- Ability to accurately work with numbers and a great amount of detail.
- Demonstrated skill in reconciling and correcting complex payroll transactions.
- Skill in setting priorities which accurately reflects relative importance of job responsibilities.
- Ability to work independently and follow through on assignments with minimal direction.
- Ability to maintain composure and productivity despite pressing deadlines, frequent interruptions, distractions and competing priorities.
- Skill in analyzing information or procedures, defining problem or objective, formulating logical and objective conclusions, and recognizing alternatives and their implications.
- Ability to keep abreast of constantly changing University systems, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Ability and judgment to handle confidential and sensitive information with discretion.
- Strong computer skills, including the use of basic computer applications such as MS Word, Excel, and Access.
- Ability to make effective oral group presentations to provide information on various payroll related matters.
- Interpersonal skills to interact effectively and diplomatically with faculty, staff, administrators and co-workers and to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with other staff members, subordinates, and managers.
- Skill in speaking clearly and distinctly to explain departmental policies and procedures and to communicate effectively with all levels within the organization.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Two years of progressively responsible accounting experience or equivalent.
- (Preferred) Ability to use a variety of computer applications supporting campus administration processes such as PeopleSoft, CDW, and OFSR.
- (Preferred) Working knowledge of University Payroll Policies and Procedures, General Ledger system and ability to process the forms required to accomplish various accounting transactions.
This position is budgeted at $60,000-$65,000/year
This is initially a One Year fixed term position and provides the same benefits as a continuing employee; competitive pay that reflects market trends and includes awesome benefits that increase financial stability and promote a healthy and fulfilling life. To learn more about the benefits of being part of the team: https://ucnet.universityofcalifornia.edu/compensation-and-benefits/index.html
Curious about working life at UCLA?
- The CRU leadership is also very proud to incorporate the “UCLA Healthy Campus Initiative” and “Go Green Campus initiative” into our department’s culture.
- Taking time out of our busy schedules to visit the UCLA Sculpture Garden or tour Pauley Pavilion gives us a moment to connect across teams and allows us time to free up our minds and body.
- Enjoy lunch! UCLA has even been voted “the best college food in the nation”, due to guidelines developed to add more fruits, vegetables and whole grains to every meal.
- If you are interested in career building and networking then there are staff organizations such as AMG, CHR, and Toastmasters...
- Getting out on campus is also a great way to see and understand the bigger picture how the CRU fits into the UCLA Community and why our jobs are so critical.
- The Green Initiative is also a matter close to our hearts, as we strive to recycle as much as possible with strategically placed paper recycle bins and the use of the UCLA Purchasing Green Tips.
Take a closer look, UCLA has over 2,000 reviews and a 4.2 rating on Glassdoor: https://www.glassdoor.com/Overview/Working-at-UCLA-EI_IE32524.11,15.htm
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.
Another Source works with their clients, on a retained project basis, to maximize the recruiting process. #UCLA #higheredjobs #dreamjob