To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Calera, AL
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Drayer Physical Therapy-Technician-Calera, AL
Drayer Physical Therapy Institute, LLC • Calera, AL
Posted 15 days ago
Under the direct supervision of a licensed Physical Therapist or Occupational Therapist, performs client treatment programs and activities as prescribed and provides technical assistance regarding therapeutic programs, methods, and equipment. This position is responsible for supporting the mission, vision and values.
QUALIFICATIONS - Required
1. Education - High School Diploma or equivalent.
2. Skills - Ability to communication effectively, knowledge of physical therapy equipment and care, ability to follow written and oral instruction, ability to assist and prepare patients for treatment with various therapy exercises and equipment.
1. Experience - Experience preferably in a medical office setting.
1. Patient Care Activities - To include use of hot packs and cold packs, performance of therapeutic US as directed by the Physical Therapist, supervising exercises that have been previously taught by the Physical Therapist, disconnecting patients from electrical stimulation units, assisting patients in setting exercise equipment, use of dumbbells, theraband, etc., transcribe information in the charts (checking off the exercise flow sheet by recording reps/weights, writing the name/date/ICD-9 code on billing sheets after the initial evaluation of the patient and other pertinent activities as deemed necessary.
2. Clinical Duties - To include laundry-wash, dry, and fold, clean tables in between patient use, stocking carts with towels, pillowcases, etc.; cleaning of the exercise equipment at least once a day and more frequently as warranted, assisting with the tidiness of the clinic as needed to include emptying trash, vacuuming, straightening up the waiting room and other duties as deemed necessary.
3. Office Duties - To include answering phones/how to operate the phones, how to take a referral, how to schedule patients including documenting cxl, NS and R/S of patients, how to take a co-pay/patient supply order, where to locate a supply for the clinic or for patient purchase, how to locate charts in the chart drawer, where necessary paper work is located, how to make up a new chart, how to use copiers/fax machine, how to administer initial evaluation paperwork and other tasks deemed necessary.