LPN HOME HEALTH LOCATION: FAR NORTHWEST SUBURBS HOURS: DAYS This position is also eligible for a $5,000.00 sign on bonus with 100% payable after 90 days! You must be employed in the exact position at time of payout. Internal team members are not eligible for this sign on bonus at this time. Major Responsibilities:
- Direct nursing care:
- 3)Is knowledgeable and able to assist with job duties of other personnel in the department.
- 1)Prepares patients for exams and treatments physically and mentally and monitors their response.
- 2)Capable of assisting physician with all procedures and treatments.
- 4)Consistently encourages questions from patients and their families and offers guidance that fosters compliance.
- 5)Administers medications according to approved policy/procedure following protocol or physician order and monitors response.
- Indirect Nursing Care:
- 1)Consistently orders tests and reviews results according to department protocol or as ordered by physician.
- 2)Reports abnormal findings, patient complaints, or concerns, to physician or supervisor.
- 3)Assures the accuracy and completeness of messages. Prioritizes messages, communicating information to providers/patients in a timely manner.
- 4)Explains procedures and test results using language appropriate to patient's level of understanding.
- 5)Serves as an advocate and liaison between patients, staff, physicians and external customers by sharing necessary information to ensure continuity of care.
- 1)Provides consistent and accurate documentation of patient information, care and concerns in the medical record according to the guidelines provided in the Documentation Policy and as otherwise instructed.
- 2)Consistently completes vouchers, referrals and requisitions with all appropriate information including medical record number and services codes or using the medical record.
- 3)Completes all patient documentation according to the Missing Documentation policy guidelines.
- Time Management:
- 1)Consistently manages time and demonstrates resource management skills effectively to complete daily activities.
- 2)Delegates tasks to others when appropriate.
- 3)Manages patient flow by keeping rooms clean, stocked and available and maintains adequate inventory.
- 4)Demonstrates flexibility by performing additional duties when and where indicated.
- Telephone Communication:
- 1)Displays a courteous, alert and pleasant tone of voice, speaking clearly and in a relaxed manner.
- 2)Restates information to ensure clarity and accuracy.
- 3)Communicates effectively with internal and external customers.
- Problem Solving:
- 1)Consistently recognizes problem situations that require action in a calm professional manner, utilizing Service Recovery Standards if appropriate.
- 2)Delegates problems through proper channels and follows through to seek completion.
- 3)Avoids excuses, practices active listening, using empathy and regret when dealing with problem situations.
- Adheres to clinic and department philosophy, policies, procedures, and work rules
- 1)Consistently follows absent/tardy clinic policy.
- 2)Follows clinic dress code policy.
- 3)Demonstrates knowledge of own duties for code blue and emergency procedures as well as location of the manuals, fire extinguishers and evacuation routes.
- 4)Consistently follows clinic and department policies and procedures and will seek clarification if unsure.
- Nurse, Licensed Practical (LPN)
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- Graduated from an accredited LPN school.
Physicial Requirements and Working Conditions:
- Good communication skills. Basic keyboarding and typing skills.
- Current LPN license in the state of Illinois. CPR certification required upon hire or within 60 days of hire.
- Must be able to successfully complete clinic-based training for all associates. Ability to work with all levels of personnel. Ability to work under stressful situations. Frequent periods of extended standing and sitting. Possible lifting and assisting of patients.
- If position has direct patient care or direct patient contact the following lifting requirement supersedes any previous lifting requirement effective 06/01/2015. Ability to lift up to 35 pounds without assistance. For patient lifts of over 35 pounds, or when patient is unable to assist with the lift, patient handling equipment is expected to be used, with at least one other associate, when available. Unique patient lifting/movement situations will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.
Join our Talent Network
Nursing at Advocate Aurora Jobs like this
- Supvsr Clinical
- Nursing Assistant
- Nurse Extern ER Nights
- Nurse Extern ER Nights
Advocate Aurora Health is committed to diversity and inclusion every single day and in everything we do. Diversity lives in the differences, great and small, that matter to us and make each of us unique - from our age and the color of our skin, to our abilities and the things we believe in. We know that empowering our differences inspires creativity that leads to innovative solutions - for our team members, consumers and communities. And because health care is built upon relationships, it's important for the people we serve to be able to trust us to meet their unique needs. By cultivating an atmosphere of acceptance and compassion, we create a welcoming environment where our patients can heal, our team members can thrive and our business can grow. As a team member, working in a diverse setting allows you the chance to grow in ways that will broaden your perspective to deliver the best possible patient care.
- Active Listening
- Health Care
- Medical Emergency