You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Senior Full Stack Software Engineer - Cloud Native - Remote
Opportunities at Change Healthcare, part of the Optum family of businesses. We are transforming the health care system through innovative technology and analytics. Find opportunities to make a difference in a variety of career areas as we all play a role in accelerating health care transformation. Help us deliver cutting-edge solutions for patients, hospitals and insurance companies, resulting in healthier communities. Use your talents to improve the health outcomes of millions of people and discover the meaning behind: Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
Change Healthcare is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to work on the Assurance Reimbursement Platform. This role will be responsible for design, development, test, and deployment of distributed software systems and Infrastructure as Code solutions in the AWS cloud. A successful candidate will have an established background in developing cloud applications, solid technical ability, and motivation to achieve results in a fast-paced environment. You will be working in a team providing technical leadership in lean/agile and DevOps practices, including test driven development, continuous integration and delivery, and engineering best practices. This role will author and review system designs, provide implementation plans, and implement the solution. The role will work with architects, other engineers, and product and program managers in an Agile/SCRUM environment to deliver the requested features and improvements to the software. This role will help with future hiring and provide technical leadership to the team.
This position requires a good understanding of AWS cloud native technologies like ECS, Lambda, Fargate, S3, Kinesis, Message Queues, and RDS. The ability to work in an existing large Dot Net based monolith application and systematically move it to the cloud native microservices based architecture without disrupting the end user experience is a key component of this position.
You will be working on Change Healthcare’s Assurance Reimbursement Platform, one of the most widely used integrated claims and remittance management solutions for healthcare providers. Our platform helps prevent Healthcare claim denials, facilitates fast bill reimbursement, and improves the efficiency of the revenue cycle workflow. We are modernizing the Assurance platform as well as building new features/services using cloud-native technologies, modern UI frameworks, and DevOps best practices.
- Remote, US; preferred, SF, Bay Area, Remote
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to work remotely* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Ability to act independently to determine methods and procedures on new or special assignments
- Demonstrate solid drive to learn and advocate for development best practices (TDD, code reviews, continuous integration, work in small batches, etc.)
- Communicates proactively and effectively with team members and other stakeholders in a highly Agile environment
- Self-starter that will take tasks and accomplish them with little oversight
- Solid background in modern languages such as Java, distributed systems development, REST web services, and relational databases
- Experience with GIT, GitHub/Lab, Jenkins, Jira
- Demonstrated technical experience as a senior engineer, cloud-based experience
- Demonstrated initiative with learning new technologies
- Communicates well with the ability to target the message to the audience
- Travel - less than 10%
If you have an entrepreneurial spirit, know how to deliver, are deeply technical, highly innovative and long for the opportunity to build pioneering software solutions to challenging problems, we want to talk to you.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- BS degree in computer science, engineering, or a related field
- 8+ years of software engineering experience including Agile
- Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Experience with Amazon Web Services
- Experience in agile/scrum methodologies, DevOps, and software development lifecycle
- Solid technical credentials, including hands-on cloud solution experience
- Mastery of the tools of the trade, including familiarity with modern cloud computing, agile development, automated testing, and development best practices
- Solid track record of project delivery for large, cross-functional projects
- Proven committed to current best practices, continuous deployment, 100% fault tolerance, high performance, infrastructure as code, and working in a Test Driven and DevOps organization
- Proven excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences
- Established skill designing and developing solutions to complex problems in a distributed systems environment
- Ability to breakdown requirements into stories and provide estimates, perform code reviews, raise technical bar, identify risks and create documentation
- Experience with .Net technology stack
- Experience with moving parts of large monolith application to a microservice architecture in AWS
- Experience with X12 healthcare transactions such as Eligibility and Claims
Careers with Optum. Our objective is to make health care simpler and more effective for everyone. With our hands at work across all aspects of health, you can play a role in creating a healthier world, one insight, one connection and one person at a time. We bring together some of the greatest minds and ideas to take health care to its fullest potential, promoting health equity and accessibility. Work with diverse, engaged and high-performing teams to help solve important challenges.
California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New York, Rhode Island, or Washington Residents Only: The salary range for California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New York, Rhode Island or Washington residents is $101,200 to $184,000. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
•All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone-of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income-deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes - an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
- Agile Methodology
- Amazon S3
- Amazon Web Services
- C Sharp (Programming Language)
- Claim Processing
- Code Review
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: 2158450
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.