To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
3000 4th Avenue
Anoka, MN 55303
- Volunteers of America
- Phone: 000-000-0000
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Volunteers of America National Services • Anoka, MN
Posted 2 months ago
If you have a passion for working with seniors and are energetic, reliable and well-organized- we'd like to talk to you!
1. Completes defined food preparation, serving of meals and cleaning duties according to proper procedures, using various dietary equipment and supplies, as assigned by the Director of Dietary and Management Team.
2. Plans and initiates cooking schedule for food preparation to meet meal schedule.
3. Prepares, seasons, cooks and serves meat, main dish, soup and vegetable for assigned meal; ensures appropriate portioned servings according to portion control standards.
4. Prepares nutritional snacks for residents as assigned.
5. Tastes and smells prepared food to determine quality and palatability.
6. Monitors temperature of hot and cold foods through food preparation and service to ensure that established temperature goals are met prior to steam table transfer and maintained throughout meal service.
7. Stores leftovers properly, plans for use of leftover foods in accordance with State and Federal sanitation regulations.
8. Supervises dietary staff in the absence of the Director of Dietary and Assistant Director of Dietary; initiate replacement calls for absentees and re-organizes work assignments as directed.
9. Assists with department inventory program.
a. Checks and inspects food products and supplies as delivered, in the absence of the Director of Dietary and Assistant Director of Dietary. Supervises and assists in storage of supplies and food products.
b. Determines amount and type of food and supplies required for daily menus; confers with Director of Dietary.
c. Notifies Director of Dietary of supplies or equipment needs.
10. Implements menu substitutions if needed according to State and Federal regulations.
11. Follows reporting procedures for the following:
a. Observed resident concerns.
b. Supply and equipment needs.
c. Damaged, unsafe, malfunctioning equipment.
d. Conditions related to breeding insects, rodents or other vermin.
12. Cleans equipment and work areas as assigned by the Director of Dietary.
13. Attends required in-services and completes assigned on-line modules.
14. Performs other duties or special assignments as directed by the Director of Dietary.
Employees will be expected to:
1. Follow correct policy and procedures for department and facility Fire/Disaster/Missing Person Plan. Know the location of fire alarms and extinguishers.
2. Follow correct policy and procedure for hand washing.
3. Follow guidelines for proper method of lifting.
4. All doorways, hallways and areas are to be kept clear.
5. Know the location and purpose of Safety Data Sheets (SDS).
6. Follow guidelines for department environment and safety measures.
7. Follow guidelines for safe handling, inspection, maintenance and storage of equipment. Report any malfunction of equipment.
8. Follow guidelines for safe handling and storage of chemicals and supplies.
9. Follow correct policy and procedure for reporting of incidents: staff, residents, etc.
10. Follow correct procedure for food handling/storage and sanitation.
Every effort has been made to identify the essential functions of this position. However, this job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties you may be required to perform. The omission of specific descriptions of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or can be considered essential to this position.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Friendly and enjoy working with the elderly.
2. High School diploma/GED required preferred. Education in quantity cooking and therapeutic diets preferred.
3. Minimum of one year food service experience in a healthcare dietary setting preferred.
4. Must be eighteen (18) years of age.
5. General knowledge of quantity food preparation and portioned serving required.
6. Ability to communicate and work effectively with various levels of staff, residents, family members and the public.
7. Numerical ability necessary to make various computations in keeping work record, monitoring inventory control and supplies, and in recipe preparation.
8. Possesses adequate strength and endurance to meet the strenuous physical demands of preparing and carrying quantity foods.
9. Possesses coordination and dexterity required to prepare food and operate dietary equipment.
10. Able to understand and follow procedures, recipe directions, diet orders and work assignments.
11. Visual acuity and color discrimination for examining cooked and stored foods; taste and smell discrimination in determining nutritional quality and palatability of foods.
12. Works in an area that is often very hot/cold.
13. Ability to utilize computers and other electronic devices for tasks such as timekeeping, in-servicing and documentation.