What you will be doing
Under leadership direction of the SVP Global Generic Pharmaceuticals, the VP Global Indirect Strategic Sourcing is responsible for all financial deliverables related to strategic initiatives and Indirect Strategic Sourcing activities (excluding IT) for the organization. This role leads financial analysis for all manufacturer value (or buy-side) including fee for service revenue and working capital impact. Role must coordinate across COMPANY to align for optimized enterprise value. Role also support strategic initiatives to drive incremental contribution margin. Provides leadership and strategic direction to execute initiatives to optimize trading partner value, incremental indirect sourcing value and overall shareholder value.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for developing and implementing indirect sourcing strategies for COMPANY.
- Creates and drives collaboration with internal stakeholders at the various COMPANY business units as well as external vendors to optimize value on indirect spend.
- Analyzes COMPANY indirect spend data to determine opportunities and priorities to leverage COMPANY volumes across all business units and implement national/global contracts where appropriate.
- Provides advisory services to other departments in the purchase of indirect goods where procurement does not own the category, such as contracting and negotiation strategies.
- Responsible for the Indirect Sourcing function for all of Company including the negotiations, execution, and adherence to the business agreements to maximize the overall value to COMPANY.
- Responsible for contributing to the establishment and implementation of long-range plan goals and objectives of the Indirect Sourcing function including identifying opportunities to leverage the spend across all divisions of Company to maximize service and quality, and minimize expense.
- Responsible for Company Supplier Diversity Program including the government reporting requirements.
- Directs and coordinates support to evaluate and project profitability and performance for new and existing customers based upon long term fee for service forecasts.
- Responsible for ensuring proper staffing, training, performance management, and career development to support all direct functional responsibilities.
- Create and implement best practice purchasing vision, strategy, policies, processes and procedures to aid and improve business performance.
What your background should look like (minimum qualifications)
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
Requires broad training in fields such as business administration, accountancy, sales, marketing, computer sciences or similar vocations generally obtained through completion of a four year bachelor’s degree program or equivalent combination of experience and education; normally requires a minimum of fifteen (15) years directly related and progressively responsible managerial experience in indirect sourcing, finance, and/or B2B experience; MBA, Certified Purchasing Manager (CPM), or Certified in Integrated Resource Management (CIRM) preferred.
MINIMUM SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- Strong understanding of supply channel financial metrics, trends and methodologies
- Strong ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing; ability to communicate with supplier partners, customers, associates and management
- Strong leadership skills
- Outstanding collaboration skills with a demonstrated ability to drive cross functional input on key decisions and influence stakeholders to make decisions that maximize organization versus departmental benefits
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of business principles, processes and technology
- Strong analytical skills
- Outstanding problem solving skills to evaluate business problems and apply knowledge to identify appropriate solutions and prioritization
- Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Knowledge of computers to operative effectively with PowerPoint presentations, Excel spreadsheets and Microsoft Outlook
- Exceptional project management skills, including the ability to effectively manage multiple projects of various diverse scope in a cross-functional environment
- Experience in managing contract development and compliance
- Demonstrated ability to design and implement processes that achieve business objectives, operational efficiency and internal control effectiveness
- Outstanding leadership and execution skills; proven track record of delivering quality results
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of financial management and working knowledge of accounting principles
- Thorough understanding of company philosophy, strategic direction, goals and objectives in order to make effective use of company resources for short and long range financial needs
- Demonstrated project management/program management skills