“In the past seven years, Zoro has grown from a group of 6 people working out of a 2,000 square foot building, offering fewer than 100,000 products to a group of 275+ working out of a 60,000+ square foot building, offering more than 1.300,000 unique products.”
Imagine what you could help us achieve as a Customer Service Associate!
Customer Service Associates make Zoro run. Our Customer Service Associates thrive in an open, sharing environment. Whether it be assisting customers in the selection of product over the phone and online or generating lead opportunities by responding to cross-sell opportunities and converting inquiries into orders, our Customer Service Associates make sure Zoro’s Customer Service department is focusing on developing collective solutions that continually improve the customer experience.
A day in the life of a Customer Service Associate:
- Uses the SAP system to provide information on pricing, availability and alternate product selection
- Resolves customer problems promptly and accurately to drive customer loyalty
- Efficiently records and processes orders, faxes, pending returns, returns, debits, credits, inquiries and feedback
- Meets established volumes for number of calls taken or customer interactions handled and can adhere to a strict schedule
- Takes personal ownership for meeting established individual and team metrics
- Consistently executes on all requirements
- Meets or exceeds monitoring standards on phones and online
- Participates in all required training to ensure proper compliance of HAZMAT and refrigerant when processing transactions
- Completes product training courses
Zoro Customer Service Associates field only inbound calls and rely on no scripts. The environment fosters greater communication skills, critical thinking, problem resolution and decision making capabilities to enhance the customer experience.
To be successful in this role:
- A high school diploma is required; Bachelor’s Degree strongly preferred
- Schedules vary based on business needs. However, Customer Service is staffed Monday – Friday from 6:00 am to 9:00 pm and Saturday from 7:00 am to 5:00 pm.
- Demonstrates competence in the application and use of computer and communications technology
- Develops and maintains effective relationships with employees, internal partners, and customers so that business objectives can be achieved
- Proven teamwork and people skills
- Bi-Lingual skills preferred
Zoro is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Complex Problem Solving