Montaneros in Vail %7C is a boutique condominium property located in the heart of Lionshead Village in beautiful Vail, Colorado. Step outside of our vacation rental property immediately into Vail Square, which offers a selection of restaurants, shops and endless year-round activities to enjoy. Capture our vibrant community throughout all four seasons. Explore the great outdoors fishing, hiking, rafting, skiing, mountain biking and more.
The Front Desk Agent is responsible for assisting our customers efficiently, courteously, and professionally in all reservations and front desk functions and maintaining a high standard of service and hospitality at all times. This position may split their time between Monterneros in Vail and our sister hotel, Destination Residences Vail. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Quote available units and rates to potential guests and their agents
- Book reservations for guests and owners and enter their information correctly into the software
- Greet, check in, and check out guests and owners; handle walk-ins, stay-overs and room changes
- Properly follow provided written procedures and run the necessary reports to open and close the office and lobby
- Answer telephones and direct incoming calls to necessary departments and co-workers
- Provide guest/owner services including but not limited to giving unit phone numbers to callers, making restaurant reservations, booking golf tee times, ordering lift tickets, providing general information
- Be able to post and explain incidental guest charges and correct any mistakes
- Count the cash drawer on required shifts, handle cash and give change; balance cash, credit card and check payments with the nightly audit
- Communicate clearly with Housekeeping%26mdash;inform them of unit%26rsquo;s arrival and departure status, special requests, VIPs, room or date changes, and other pertinent information. Provide them with work orders for required actions
- Have a general knowledge of Vail and it%26rsquo;s activities
- Be able to work various shifts, weekends and holidays; be flexible with scheduling and assist co-workers with scheduling conflicts whenever possible; be on time for scheduled shifts.
Shifts are typically 7:30am-3:30pm, 2pm-10pm, and a mid shift (10-6, 11-7 or 12-8) depending on what is needed. Weekends, nights and holidays required.Qualifications
- Education: High School graduate or GED Certificate.
- Experience: Typing, Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office, Springer Miller Property Management experience preferred; two years previous working experience in dealing with people required
- Other Skills: Must be able to get along well with people, work well in a stressful environment, and have some problem solving capabilities. Should also be detail oriented and organized.
The budgeted wage for this position is %2416.50 per hour. Actual pay will be commensurate with experience
- Discounted & Complimentary Hotel Room Nights
- Medical Dental and Vision Insurance (full-time colleagues)
- Retirement savings plan
- Basic life insurance
- After 90 days of service, eligible colleagues may start using PTO from their earned bank. Prior to your 90 days, your PTO will reflect in your %26ldquo;accrued%26rdquo; balance
- Excellent training and professional development
- Opportunities to work around the world with Hyatt Hotels and Resorts
- Ski Pass
Hyatt associates work in an environment that demands exceptional performance yet reaps great rewards. Whether it's career opportunities, job enrichment or a supportive work environment, if you are ready for this challenge, then we are ready for you!
Our Values: Respect %7C Integrity %7C Humility %7C Empathy %7C Creativity %7C Fun