Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
This position pursues and secures new payer and employer fitness sales opportunities within the Medicare and Commercial channels.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within United States as you take on some tough challenges.
- Define potential markets and develop sales plan utilizing available resources to effectively penetrate the assigned payer and employer markets for all products and services
- Facilitate a team relationship and communicate among product development personnel to achieve common area goals and objectives
- Facilitate reporting and tracking on sales activities and develop forecasts on sales and business development
- Develop and implement strategies to increase market share through identification of targeted payers and employer groups to generate revenue
- Business development activity including prospecting, qualification, value demonstration, and opportunity closure
- Functions within an enterprise sales and growth model and works very closely with the product development team to pursue new opportunities and manage current business relationships
- Assume responsibility and accountability for assigned annual sales revenue goals
- Demonstrate consistent activity disciplines to maximize new business development and assure perpetual pipeline growth
- Display exceptional strategic selling skills including discovery, ROI development and presentation, sales cycle maintenance, tactical planning and closing
- Demonstrate solid leadership qualities and organizational skills in coordinating the sales cycle
- Manage the sales cycle through the use of weekly pipeline and account reviews to include all stakeholders
- Establish, build and maintain positive, professional relationships and interaction at all decision levels
- Maintain a highly credible and professional profile within the industry
- Demonstrate and maintain a deep proficiency and expert knowledge level of all existing and new company capabilities
- Participate in trade shows and other industry events as appropriate
- Communicate issues, concerns and problems in a solution-oriented manner
- Provide intelligence to the organization on competitive activity
- Provide management with timely reporting as required and requested
- Clearly demonstrate problem - solving capacity and the ability to be timely and responsive
- Be a positive force and a 'team leader'
- Ensure accurate and timely entry of sales opportunity information
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
- 4+ years of healthcare industry experience
- 4+ years in sales and/or business development roles
- Working knowledge of Medicare and Commercial fitness and wellness programs
- Demonstrated experience in developing, defining and documenting business requirements, including current process flow documentation, new process design and development
- Verifiable successful consultative sales experience calling on C - Suite, senior management, vendor managers
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $94,500 to $171,700. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Associate Director, Business Development, Product, Telecommute, Telecommuting, Telecommuter, Work From Home, Work At Home, Remote, WAH, Optum, UnitedHealth Group, UHG, Minnetonka, MN, MInnesota