To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Redwood City, CA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Medical Science Liaison, Southeast Territory (Field Based)
GUARDANT HEALTH, INC • Redwood City, CA
Posted 1 month ago
Guardant Health is a leading precision oncology company focused on helping conquer cancer globally through use of its proprietary blood tests, vast data sets and advanced analytics. The Guardant Health Oncology Platform is designed to leverage our capabilities in technology, clinical development, regulatory and reimbursement to drive commercial adoption, improve patient clinical outcomes and lower healthcare costs.
In pursuit of our goal to manage cancer across all stages of the disease, Guardant Health has launched two liquid biopsy-based tests, Guardant360 and GuardantOMNI, for advanced stage cancer patients, and is developing programs for recurrence and early detection, called Project LUNAR. Since its launch in 2014, Guardant360 has been used by more than 5,000 oncologists, over 40 biopharmaceutical companies and all 27 of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network centers.
About the Role
The primary role of a Medical Science Liaison (MSL) is to educate and support academic key opinion leaders (KOLs) with the most current education materials supporting the clinical value of Guardant Health’s product(s). The MSL will seek opportunities to engage and develop key opinion leaders (KOLs) in speaking engagements where they can educate other academic and community-based physicians. This is completed through direct education of KOLs with slides, abstracts and publications relevant to Guardant Health’s products and services, participating in the development and creation of educational slides to be deployed in focused events (such as academic grand rounds or Continuing Medical Education (CME) lectures), training speakers/educators, and identifying opportunities for collaboration on relevant research projects and other projects of mutual interest.
The MSL will be effective at translating data from research projects and disseminating key information through publications, and presentations at national meetings, CME and educational activities. The role of the MSL position also involves supporting commercial operations, marketing and managed care; education and training of the sales team, and development of local/regional specialty society and health plan physician influencers to drive test adoption.
- Identify, develop and/or maintain strong, collaborative working relationships with key academic and community physicians, and KOLs to promote understanding and adoption of our novel diagnostic technologies.
- Identify and position KOLs to present at scientific forums such as national and regional specialty society meetings, as well as Grand Rounds and CME events at targeted institutions.
- Critically review and develop education slides based on new publications and research findings, for approval by Medical Affairs and Marketing.
- Facilitate meetings and scientific opportunities for the Guardant Health Chief Scientific and Medical Officers, that initiate and strengthen relationships with KOLs and other key physician influencers.
- Support on-site oral presentations, data reviews, and interactive education events for KOLs, also known as “deep dive” or “VIP” visits to Guardant Health.
- Assist Managed Care in mobilizing physician and KOL calls and letters to payers/insurers in targeted campaigns.
- Synopsize and educate key personnel regarding emerging abstracts and publications relevant to molecular testing.
- Assist the Medical Director(s) in agenda planning and meeting facilitation of Clinical Advisory Board(s).
- Function as the primary clinical resource to the Sales & Marketing team with participation in medical updates, scientific presentations, journal clubs, teleconferences, and meetings as requested.
- Facilitate opportunities for the Marketing and Medical Affairs teams to partner with KOLs for focus groups, PR events, working meetings and scientific forums.
- Travel 50%
- Terminal degree in a scientific field of study (Pharm.D., Ph.D., M.D. or academic equivalent such as Associate Professor position).
- Clinical expertise or related experience in relevant specialties is highly desirable. Minimum of 3-5 years of healthcare experience in the pharmaceutical or biotech industry.
- Experience working with experts at academic medical centers to build consensus around new products and/or services.
- Prior experience as an MSL in the introduction of a novel new clinical product is highly desired.
- Applies advanced knowledge of the biotechnology, diagnostics and pharmaceutical industry.
- Ability to apply advanced knowledge of company product specifications.
- Intermediate-to-advanced knowledge of the following computer software programs: Microsoft Office: Powerpoint, Excel, and Word
- Ability to work independently and remotely while maintaining a strong teamwork ethic.
- Multi-dimensional in abilities to work on simultaneous tasks, work cross-team and at different levels of the organization, whether internal or external relationships to the organization.
- Self-directed, intrinsically motivated, flexible to changes in an ever changing dynamic environment.
- Strong problem-solving skills, good attention to detail, time management skills and personal initiative.
- Exceptional human relations skills to coordinate the accomplishment of tasks through other people.
- Outstanding oral presentation skills.
- Highly developed written skills, the ability to produce documents for dissemination both inside and outside the organization for presentations, technical briefs and scientific publications.
- Ability to elicit and answer clinical questions in groups ranging from individuals to larger didactic roundtables and meetings.
- Ability to address high-level experts in the scientific field at company-sponsored events and trade shows.
- Excellent proofreading skills, with the ability to proof for proper grammar, spelling, punctuation, and formatting of documents.
- Extensive travel required up to 3-4 days per week to meet with KOLs, attend physician education talks and conference, including specialty society scientific meetings (will require some weekend work). Travel is estimated to be approximately 50%.
- Must be physically able to handle extensive travel in vehicle, plane, or other modes of public transport.
- Office may be home-based, and involves extensive use of computer and keyboard while in home office.
- Requires the ability to focus on multiple tasks simultaneously, work in high-paced, high-energy environment.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.