To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Kankakee, IL
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
AR SPECIALIST I
Riverside Medical Center • Kankakee, IL
Posted 1 month ago
Reporting to the Collections Coordinator, the Accounts Receivable Specialist I maintains the accounts receivable related to insurance, managed care, third party, worker's compensation and other miscellaneous payers. This financial counselor may also assist in the financial clearance of patients prior to service.
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Previous collections or insurance experience within last 3 years, preferred
- Excellent guest relation skills including verbal and written
- ICD9/CPT/Medical terminology preferred
- PC and keyboarding skills
- Ability to work independently
- Two years hospital patient accounting experience
License or Certification Requirements:
- HFMA Credentialed Revenue Cycle Representative, preferred
Work Schedule: Days
- Ability to accurately review and bill all Secondary and Tertiary insurances to correct charges, bill forms and supporting documentation (EOBs).
- Assist patients with insurance problems and provide Financial Counseling.
- Assist with creating and maintaining Financial Counseling policies, procedures, and training manuals.
- Maintain attendance at Managed Care In-services, onsite meetings and conference calls with Insurance Provider Representatives.
- Maintain daily billing audit reports, billing worklists, billing queues and charge corrections.
- Maintain patient demographic information.
- Maintaining Blue Cross and miscellaneous A/R by the use of Telephone, Internet, Worklists, Queues, ATBs and appropriate letters. File and re-file claims to insurance companies.
- Provides accurate and timely billing of all electronic and paper claims, to Blue Cross or miscellaneous A/R.
- Also has the knowledge to work any rejections to ensure claims are rebilled timely.
- Understands billing requirements for Medicare/Medicaid/HMO/PPO and miscellaneous billing as defined by contract, state or federal law.
- Utilize resources available to assist with various types of telephone inquiries (ex: charge problems, patient complaints, diagnosis changes).
- Other duties as assigned.
Riverside Healthcare is revolutionizing care using leading-edge technology to diagnose and treat patients. We are ranked top in the nation for performance in neurosurgery, orthopedics, and heart surgery and have also been named one of the nation's 100 Top Hospitals® by Truven Health Analytics seven times. Riverside is nationally recognized for our specialty programs in obstetrics, trauma, oncology, rehabilitation, geriatrics, occupational health, psychiatric services, and treatment of alcohol and chemical dependency, as well as patient safety. We combine innovation and convenience at state-of-the-art facilities located in communities throughout the greater Kankakee area.
Riverside Medical Center proves that truly progressive medicine is being delivered in Chicago’s southwest suburbs and East Central Illinois. Join a team that is not only concerned with providing the best care possible but also with offering a work environment of advancement and growth. Riverside is a place that embraces a culture where opinions count and dedication is respected, where superior performance is rewarded with competitive salaries and excellent benefits.