Grifols is a global healthcare company whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of people. Our three divisions – Bioscience, Diagnostic and Hospital – develop, produce and market our innovative products and services to medical professionals in more than 100 countries.
We are committed to fostering an environment that creates continuous learning opportunities and encourages professional development and growth. As a company devoted to improving the health and well-being of people, we are looking for talented professionals worldwide. Make a difference and join us in this challenging and rewarding enterprise.
JOB TITLE: Assistant Manager
The Assistant Manager is responsible to assist the center manager in providing employee supervision, guidance, troubleshooting for employees, and the overall activities required to meet corporate short and long term operational objectives. Compliance with Regulatory and Corporate policies and procedures is essential to ensure and maintain donor, employee and product safety.
- Responsible for all aspects of the donor center when the Center Manager is not present.
- Creates appropriate organizational environment and value systems which stimulate the morale and productivity of the work force and its leadership.
- Collaborates with Training and Quality staff to ensure that training and quality goals are met.
- Coaches and leads through effective feedback to employees through the Operations Supervisor(s).
- Monitors and evaluates operations. Works with the Center Manager to develop action plans to maximize center efficiency and supervises the implementation of improvements.
- Makes critical decisions for the modifications of action plans.
- Responsible for all personnel functions including hiring, assignment and direction of work, development and training, disciplinary actions and termination and the maintenance of all personnel records.
- Directs the training activities of production employees through the Training Coordinator.
- Partners with the center manager in budget preparation and oversees facility to achieve production targets and quality goals at the agreed-upon cost structure.
- Review and approve employee schedules to accommodate donor cycles.
- Actively delegates, monitors and holds responsible the operations supervisors for their performance.
- Directs and supervises employees.
- Determine the adequacy and adjust inventory levels of all goods and supplies necessary of the operation of the donor center. Compile and submit orders to vendors to meet determined inventory levels.
- Assure center employees maintain the facility in a neat and clean condition and all equipment is kept in good working order.
- Responsible for freezer management, including overseeing plasma shipments and equipment failures. Required to answer all freezer alarms and deal with them appropriately.
- Construct and submit timely and accurate reports on a daily/weekly/monthly or as required basis.
- Develop and implement active donor recruitment advertising campaigns to improve production levels.
- Maintains thorough familiarity and ensures compliance with state and federal regulations, U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA)-approved Standard Operating Procedures, Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA), and Current Good Manufacturing Practice (cGMP).
- Direct key personnel in donor selection, plasma collection and all manufacturing records to maintain the highest production standards in accordance with state and federal regulations, U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA)-approved Standard Operating Procedures, Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA), and Current Good Manufacturing Practice (cGMP).
- Builds rapport with donors to ensure overall customer satisfaction with the center to support long-term donation.
- Control center donor funds and ensure that all financial records are accurate and in order.
- Keep Center Manager informed of any irregularities within the center and provide action plans to improve and correct center deficiencies.
- Minimize center liability through constant risk management review. Investigates all unsafe situations and Situations/complaints. Develops and implements required corrective actions.
- Directs and monitors the performance of outside vendors.
- Review and monitor special projects for accuracy and timely completion.
- Works with the Center Manager in implementing the donor center's mission into the community.
- Performs other duties as required.
This job description is intended to present the general content and requirements for the performance of this job. The description is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements. Managers and supervisors may assign other duties as needed.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, preferably in Science, Business, Nursing, Finance, or related field
- Typically requires 2 years of related experience in clinical or general business experience.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- Experience in a medical and/or cGMP regulated environment preferred.
- Experience with plasma or whole blood is a plus!
Developing command of leadership, organizational, customer service, interpersonal communication, and computer abilities. Ability to understand and assess FDA regulations. Ability to maintain adequate levels of plasma collection and adhere to quality standards. Ability to motivate staff to achieve established goals and standards.
Work is performed in an office and/or a laboratory/manufacturing environment. Exposure to biological fluids with potential exposure to infectious organisms. Exposure to electrical office equipment. Exposure to extreme cold below 32*, miscellaneous production chemicals, moving machinery and production equipment. Exposure to high levels of noise on production floor. Personal protective equipment required such as protective eyewear, garments and gloves. Frequently sits for 6-8 hours per day. Repetitive hand movement of both hands with the ability to make fast, simple, repeated movements of the fingers, hands, and wrists. Occasionally walks. Occasionally bends and twists neck. Light to moderate lifting and carrying objects with a maximum lift of 35lbs. Frequently drives to site locations with occasional travel within the United States. Able to communicate complex information and ideas so others will understand; with the ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences. Works independently with little guidance or reliance on oral or written instructions and plans work schedules to meet goals. Frequently interacts with others, relates sensitive information to diverse groups. Must work with diverse groups to obtain consensus on issues. Ability to apply abstract principles to solve complex conceptual issues.
#CB2019, #BiomatUSA #GrifolsJobs
GRIFOLS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER: Minorities / Females / Disability / Veterans
“We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for our donors/customers.”
Address: 1502 Hidalgo St, Laredo, TX 78040
Contact: Alex S. Contreras, Staffing Partner III - Phone number blocked - click to apply URL blocked - click to apply URL blocked - click to apply
URL blocked - click to apply
To find more jobs with Grifols: URL blocked - click to apply
Training And Development