Michael Baker International is a leading provider of [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Civil/Environmental/Mechanical Associate II ( Fuels), including design, planning, environmental, construction and program management. The company provides its comprehensive range of services and solutions to support U.S. federal, state, and municipal governments, foreign allied governments, and a wide range of commercial clients. Michael Baker’s more than 3,000 employees across nearly 100 locations are committed to a culture of innovation, collaboration and technological advancement to help solve challenges for clients and communities throughout the country. To learn more, visit [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Civil/Environmental/Mechanical Associate II ( Fuels).
Civil and Environmental Practice
Michael Baker International's civil and environmental engineering professionals have extensive experience providing environmental, health and safety engineering and consulting services to industrial, commercial, and governmental organizations. We offer the experience and know-how to ensure that facilities operate in an environmentally sound manner, in compliance with all applicable regulations and in accordance with and organization’s goals and policies. We deliver cost-effective solutions by partnering with clients to streamline the management of data for facility regulatory programs. This approach positively impacts the bottom line, while reducing risk and future environmental liabilities.
The Civil and Environmental Practice Team, as part of Michael Baker International, seeks a motivated Engineer to join our Team in Virginia Beach, VA. Responsibilities include planning, executing, and documenting environmental compliance projects related to storage and distribution of petroleum, oils, and lubricant facilities and infrastructure, primarily in the Department of Defense sector. The successful candidate should be a self-driven professional with the skills to complete and deliver technical projects while meeting administrative, schedule and budget requirements. Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Manage Multiple technical projects as the primary task manager
- Develop technical scopes of work and cost estimates for unique project requirements
- Evaluate applicability of state and federal environmental regulations.
- Communicate with the Team on technical and administrative requirements.
- Support the Team of engineers in planning, executing, and documenting environmental compliance projects, worldwide.
- Pre-site work: evaluate project scopes of work and coordinate site work activities with onsite personnel and vendors.
- Site work: travel to sites to meet with clients and initiate, oversee, document, and troubleshoot the execution of environmental compliance work.
- Post-site work: evaluate vendor reports of site work and prepare technical reports documenting the project scopes of work.
- Responsible for managing technical projects in accordance with budget and time requirements.
- Perform quality assurance activities.
- Complete continuing education and training to maintain professional expertise and credentials.
- Education: Bachelor of Science in Civil, Environmental or Mechanical Engineering from an accredited university. Additional licensing and certifications such as Professional Engineer, Engineer Intern/Engineer-in-Training, Site Safety, or Project Management will also be considered.
- Experience: 2 years of engineering experience. Experience in petroleum, oils and lubricants projects, and/or Department of Defense environmental compliance projects will also be considered.
- Excellent English language skills, both written and verbal. Excellent technical writing and communications skills. Excellent skills in Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Acrobat. Proficient skills in AutoCAD will also be considered.
- Travel: Applicant must be legally authorized to work in the U.S., with a valid U.S. passport and eligible for security clearance. Travel requirements are between 30-50% and include domestic and some international destinations.
- Location: This position is based in Virginia Beach, VA; applicant desiring to work remotely may be considered dependent on qualifications.
MICHAEL BAKER INTERNATIONAL EEO STATEMENT
Michael Baker International is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Michael Baker International provides equal employment opportunity for all persons, in all facets of employment. Michael Baker International maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply for any open position for which they feel they are qualified and all will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected status.
EEO is the Law. Applicants to and employees of Michael Baker International are protected under Federal law from discrimination.
- Storage (Warehousing)
- Mechanical Engineering
- Environmental Laws
- Safety Engineering