PDS Tech, Inc. is seeking a Forklift Operator in Atlanta, GA.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for safely operating electric powered industrial truck equipped with lifting devices such as forklift or elevating platform, to push, lift, stack, or move products or materials by performing the following duties
- Adheres to the Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMPs) that are in effect
- Positions forks, lifting platform, or other lifting device under, over, or around loaded pallets, skids, boxes, products, or materials and transports load to designated area Unloads and stacks material by using lifting device
- Replenishes shelves throughout the facility based on the number on the product, by scanning the tag to determine location
- Positions and weighs pallets Inventories materials on work floor and stocks the shelves in order to replenish necessary products
- Loads or unloads materials onto to or off of pallets, skids, or lifting device.
- Must be able to document information as per SOP
- Complies with company policies and procedures and maintains regular work attendance
- Personal responsibility for following safety rules, SOPs and cGMPs guidelines
- Willingness / capability to cross train/learn job functions in other departments of the facility
- Performs other duties as assigned
Physical Demands include but are not limited to the following:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred
- Must be licensed to operate lift equipment (Licensing may be through internal or external training) 3 months experience operating High Reach Fork Lift equipment - will be trained and certified in-house
- Prior manufacturing or warehouse experience preferred
- Ability to write simple correspondence and exercise basic mathematical skills.
- Must be able to respond to verbal and written instructions in basic English
- Able to work overtime as the Business requires.
- Work environment may be exposed to powders, chemicals and allergens (peanuts, tree nuts, milk, dairy, eggs, wheat, gluten, soy, fish and shellfish)
- Standing for extended periods of time
- Reaching with arms and hands
- Talking and hearing
- Walking and kneeling
- Regularly lifting up to 50lbs and occasionally lifting and/or moving up to 70lbs with assistance
- Able to maneuver pallet jack with load up to 1200 lbs.
- Close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Founded in 1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation's premier specialty staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits including:
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Weekly payroll
- Immediate 401(k) eligibility
- Completion Bonuses
- Please note availability of benefits may vary by position
PDS specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace, Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our employees and clients experience first-hand. To find out more about PDS, please visit [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Forklift Operator $$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$
- Forklift Truck
- Good Manufacturing Practices
- Stocks (Inventory)