To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Colorado Springs, CO
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Information Assurance/Security Engineer II
Perspecta • Colorado Springs, CO
Posted 6 days ago
Every day at Perspecta, we enable hundreds of thousands of people to take on our nation’s most important work. We’re a company founded on a diverse set of capabilities and skills, bound together by a single promise: we never stop solving our nation’s most complex challenges. Our team of engineers, analysts, developers, investigators, integrators and architects work tirelessly to create innovative solutions. We continually push ourselves—to respond, to adapt, to go further. To look ahead to the changing landscape and develop new and innovative ways to serve our customers.
Perspecta works with U.S. government customers in defense, intelligence, civilian, health care, and state and local markets. Our high-caliber employees are rewarded in many ways—not only through competitive salaries and benefits packages, but the opportunity to create a meaningful impact in jobs and on projects that matter.
Perspecta’s talented and robust workforce—14,000 strong—stands ready to welcome you to the team. Let’s make an impact together.
Perspecta is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categoriesResponsibilities
We are seeking a proactive self-starter professional to provide all levels of maintenance support and upgrades to unclassified, classified and Top Secret closed networks for a DoD customer. Candidate should possess skills and knowledge to support the following: exceptional customer and help desk support; operations and maintenance; technical management and applications management; IT design, test and validate; component installation; system diagnostics and troubleshooting; system component repair/replacement; HW/SW handling and accountability; technical refresh/lifecycle replacement; network, systems, and storage administration; network and security operations; configuration control and management; IA/cybersecurity; user training; asset inventory accountability; maintenance for customer assets not covered by vendor warranty; information security mechanisms and execute Information Protection processes to include detection and correction of viruses and other security hazards.
Position requires the following:
- Architect and build To-Be architecture for 3 stand-alone DoD networks
- Maintain Authority to Operate
- Procure, install, and provide life-cycle maintenance of desktops, servers, peripherals, storage systems, backup system, virtual systems, LANs.
- Possess knowledge of both Windows and Linux operating systems.
- Experience with upgrading systems and applying security patches.
- Implement current trends/best practices in Information Technology to analyze systems, develop & evaluate alternatives, and implement solutions.
- Experience with Active Directory management and services in a mixed environment (Windows/Linux)
- Maintain and update all documentation contained within the Technical Library as changes occur
- Coordinate development and implementation of a life-cycle management plan
- Interface with customers on a day-to-day basis regarding IT requests, initiate work orders, and ticket status of all IT requests.
- Coordinate with the Government to define and develop plans to include cost, schedule, and technical data for improving the capability to meet the needs of each network and then providing a migration/upgrade plan.
- Perform network configuration modeling and develop a network switching/routing plan
- Monitor system/network event and error logs to identify weak configurations and security vulnerabilities and provide solutions to mitigate risk. Understanding of current Air Force RMF, ATO and CTF processes.
- Install current anti-virus software, updates, patches, and definitions on every information system and device.
- Possess strong knowledge of Virtual Machine environments
- Research, procure and provide equipment accountability and asset management for both hardware and software licenses.
- Manage and conduct Configuration Control Boards
- Configure SW tools to make use of multi-central processing unit processors as well as assistance with input/output setup for programs that make use of environment variables.
- Knowledge of Xacta is a plus.
Education, clearance and certifications:
- Bachelor or Masters of Computer Science, Computer Technology, Information Technology, or Engineering-related discipline
- Must hold a TS/SCI clearance
- CompTIA Security+ IA certification
Other certifications: DoD 8570, CISSP, CISM, Microsoft desired.