To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Rocklin, CA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
ExecuNet • Rocklin, CA
Posted 2 months ago
The Financial Controller is responsible for the financial control, compliance, and reporting and analytics for commissions and other financial data for various teams and lines of businesses. This role will be focused on leading the implementation of business intelligence/Company Cloud Analytics/Data Visualization for the Global Controllers Organization.
The Global Controller Operations (GCO) team is a key part of Company’s World Class Finance organization. This progressive and innovative team comprises a dynamic group of financial professionals responsible for Company’s US GAAP external reporting, external statutory reporting, US & local compliance and fiduciary responsibilities, as well as mergers and acquisitions.
- Develop reporting and analytics for global commissions and other financial data for various stakeholders within the company. Implement reporting tools and dashboards utilizing business intelligence and other Company platforms.
- Provide periodic and ad-hoc financial information to the Executive Management team and Global Business Finance Senior Management. Performs and supports company's internal management reporting and analysis acting as a financial advisor and business partner on financial analysis. Understanding deviations of actual from forecast. Reviewing, recommending or approving different initiatives as a result of the financial analysis and its interpretation.
- Assist and support the organization with initial compliance with and ongoing presentation, testing and monitoring of conformance to the requirements of Sarbanes-Oxley legislation, internal controls and local country legislation. Perform evaluation of internal controls, communications, risk assessments and maintenance of documentation, both for controls and processes. Identify risk and evaluate deficiencies while working with internal departments/business units to appropriately remedy them.
- Gather quantitative and qualitative information, with an appropriate formal methodology, to prepare, assess and review commission waterfall schedules with Regional Controllers, Global Business Finance, and the Global Compensation Administration team.
- Support that best practice system processes and controls are implemented for the Corporation and legal entities to comply with all internal and external financial reporting obligations.
- Participate in Global & Regional strategic initiatives that optimize and enhance the operations of the Chief Accounting Officer organization. Acts as a reference for team members, providing direction and mentoring to other members of the organization.
- Direct and lead a team of Senior Accountants responsible for reporting & analytics, system development/enhancement, US GAAP and local GAAP reporting requirements and local country compliance.
- Manage monthly and quarterly close cycles, ensuring that US GAAP financial reporting is performed timely, in accordance with corporate close guidelines, reviewing income statement and balance sheet reconciliations to ensure the accuracy and integrity of the financial statements.
- Lead the preparation and audit of the statutory financial statements ensuring that the financial accounts are prepared in accordance with local GAAP, and that all supplementary books and records are maintained in accordance with local accounting and tax code requirements.
- Lead the integration of the acquired company financial systems, people and financial statements with Company and ensure that Company consolidated financial statements include the post change in control activities of acquired entities.
- Oversee the relationship with external auditors, coordinating all parties to ensure that the audits are planned, resourced effectively, executed efficiently and timely.
- Ensure that balance sheets are completed and actions are taken to clear outstanding items on a timely basis and conduct full balance sheet and reconciliation reviews periodically.
- Responsible for providing commentary and opinion for inclusion in management reports.
- Manage and co-ordinate the relationship with external professional advisers (including auditors, tax advisers, legal counsel).
- Collaborate with Global Finance Organizations including, Global Business Finance, Global Payroll, Order to Cash, and Source to Settle for problem resolution and business process improvements with an emphasis on M&A processes.
- Ensure that Company’s Global Finance Policies are applied and adhered to in all areas of finance, including globalized and localized process areas: Order to Cash, Source to Settle, Treasury, and Cash Management.
- Ensure that all corporate policy changes are incorporated in the accounting process according to guidelines set and communicated at country level.
- Support Internal Audit and SOX PMO on the assessment of internal controls, implementing recommendations, reinforcing controls for deficiency and maintaining updated documentation on local processes.
- Responsible for recruitment, performance management, conducting appraisals and identifying training and development needs of the team.
- Ensure that clear objectives are set for the team which link into the overall strategy of the GCO.
- Directly involved in identifying and driving Global and Americas Strategic Initiatives.
- Identification and execution of operational excellence and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Using cross-functional influencing skills to promote the Finance and Company Vision.
Skills and Qualifications:
- BA/BS degree in Accounting/ Finance; MBA is a plus.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in both accounting and finance, including progressive experience with multinational companies. Technology sector preferred. Minimum of 3 years of management experience.
- Experience in working with large data sets including power pivots, SQL, and/or MS Access.
- Knowledge and experience in financial modeling.
- Knowledge and experience with international accounting, finance and tax regulations.
- Dynamic, innovative & problem resolution focused.
- Ability to immerse oneself to understand problems and propose solutions.
- Ability to effectively work in a multi-location organization and adapt to different cultures.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and presentation skills to interact with various levels of management.
- Project Management capabilities - the ability to plan, initiate, monitor and implement projects within a team.
- Ability to identify and execute operational excellence and continuous improvement initiatives to improve resource optimization.
- Prior experience with Company’s ERP, Hyperion and/or business intelligence preferred.
- Excellent leadership and team building skills.
- Influencing and persuasion skills at senior levels.