Summary – Job Responsibilities – Activities:
- Direct management of the Industrial regional global sales team
- Develop and implement a channel strategy for AMSC products (AMSC, NEELTRAN, NEPSI) to support high growth and specific to major global geographic markets.
- Determine internal sales support resource needs to support sales structure and growth plans.
- Define sales commission models and other reward and recognition systems as necessary to respond to business objectives.
- Determine future market opportunities as appropriate.
- Oversee and create necessary sales tools, internal processes, metrics, and proposal process to insure a smart, results-driven sales environment, while assuring consistency with corporate goals and objectives.
- Synthesize strategic information to actionable customer relationships or sales initiatives.
- Function as a strategic partner with the executive team in assisting future product directions. Provide strategic thinking regarding new initiatives.
- Bring a confident leadership to the industrial sales team; set the tone of expectations of performance, measurement criteria and communicate overall vision and mission of the Company.
- Create a sales function mindset that understands their value in bringing back proactive data points that are valuable to product and overall strategy direction.
- Manage and grow a team of winning performers who understand the utility, wind, and industrial power quality industries and the delivery of distributed power.
- Define and manage sales function that operates closely against MBO’s and is held accountable.
- Sales initiatives across business units that provide synergy in AMSC presentation to the market.
- Participate in the development of market definition, customer profiling, pricing models, and marketing plans
- Provide leadership in determining necessary marketing programs and market presence to drive industry awareness of American Superconductor’s relevant products.
- Travel is worldwide and is expected to be about 50%.
Education – Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline is required. MBA beneficial
Required Skills, Competencies, Authorities and Training Needs:
- It is critical that this individual has sold power electronics and industry knowledge as well as experience for industrial power industries
- It is expected that individual’s overall experience will be a minimum of 7-10 years in this type of sales.
- Deep understanding of energy industry including (Renewable, Utility, Industrial, Chemical, Mining, Oil and Gas, Hydrogen, Traction, and others)
- Proven experience in new account creation versus existing account management is required.
- Significant international sales experience working will be key also.
- Significant experience and understanding of contract negotiations for large, complex power products including the ability to drive optimized contract terms for revenue accounting at a publicly traded corporation.
- Proven ability to develop and lead successful product introductions into energy related industries.
- Previous management experience defining and building sales infrastructure and teams is critical. Selling an early pioneering technology strongly desired.
- Management experience must display the ability to lead, coach and manage high performing sales teams.
- Experience must display the ability to think outside the box and provide substantive thinking.
- Sales track record must display an individual who meets and exceeds goals consistently.
- Smart, critical thinker. Able to provide substantive input for overall business planning.
- Approaches their work with a level of intense energy and positive outlook. Synthesizes information quickly for making important decisions.
- Open and honest communicator. Not a person who communicates what the audience wants to hear. It is critical that this individual is practical in their expectations and drives the same thinking within their team and at the executive level.
- Results-driven and can point to key accomplishments.
- A problem solver; hands-on style; does what has to get done and is less worried about whose “job it is”. Active team player.
- Communicates directly and openly.
- Operates with high standard to meeting commitments and is honest about misses.
- Collaborative style
- Ability to excel in a matrix management environment
- Technically astute. Operates with a strong respect towards engineering and is astute to varying styles and personalities of disciplines outside of Sales.
- Possesses uncompromising integrity. Excellent organizational and analytical skills
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as a contract’s administrator or similar position
- Proof of Covid-19 Vaccination required
AMSC is an EEO M/F/D/V
- Account Management
- Business Planning
- Coaching And Mentoring
- Confident And Emotionally Stable