To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Watertown, NY 13601
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
UNIT SUPPLY SPECIALIST
United States Army • Watertown, NY
Posted 2 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The unit supply specialist is primarily responsible for supervising or performing tasks involving the general upkeep and maintenance of all Army supplies and equipment.JOB DUTIES
- Receive, inspect, inventory, load/unload, store, issue and deliver supplies and equipment
- Maintain automated supply system for accounting of organizational and installation supplies and equipment
- Issue and receive small arms. Secure and control weapons and ammunition in security areas
- Schedule and perform preventive and organizational maintenance on weapons
- Operate unit level computers
Those who want to serve must first take the Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery, a series of tests that helps you better understand your strengths and identify which Army jobs are best for you.TRAINING
Job training for a unit supply specialist requires 10 weeks of Basic Combat Training and eight weeks of Advanced Individual Training with on-the-job instructions. Part of this time is spent in the classroom and part in the field, including practice in handling and storing stock.
Some of the skills you’ll learn are:
- Procedures for shipping, receiving, storing and issuing stock
- Stock control and accounting procedures
- Procedures for handling medical and food supplies
- Movement, storage and maintenance of ammunition
- Interest in mathematics, bookkeeping, accounting, business administration and/or typing
- Ability to keep accurate records
- Enjoy physical work
- Interest in operating forklifts and other warehouse equipment