Brookfield Place New York - 250 Vesey Street, 15th Floor
At Brookfield Properties, the foundation of our success is firmly rooted in our people.
Our company is comprised of experts across a range of specialties who share a goal of ensuring our properties are continuously evolving to meet the needs of our communities and stakeholders. To meet this goal, we hire visionary, entrepreneurial talent who help us innovate and enhance our business. We build collaborative teams who value integrity, creativity and diversity.
Our teams operate an iconic portfolio of irreplaceable properties within the world's most dynamic markets. As one of the largest real estate services companies, we provide management and development expertise exclusively for properties owned by Brookfield Asset Management.
* Year-round paid internship, with start date of June 2023
* Mentorship opportunities, coaching and career guidance
* Exposure to corporate culture and work environment through annual rotations into audit and accounting related functions
* Ongoing presentations and training
* Emphasis on real estate and alternative investments accounting and/or finance functions
* Potential full-time offer upon graduation
* Rotation options:
* Internal Audit
* Fund Accounting
* Financial Planning & Analysis
* Corporate Accounting
* Corporate Reporting
* Property Accounting
* Development Accounting
Qualifications & Requirements
* The ideal candidate will be service oriented with excellent interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written), as well as a strong team player with a good work ethic.
* Must be flexible to come into the office.
* At least a one-year commitment is expected.
* Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
* Candidate should be mature, tactful and possesses a professional image.
* Must be able to prioritize tasks, work well under pressure and be self-motivated with a positive attitude.
* Prior accounting or audit internship or experience is preferred.
* Currently enrolled in a post-secondary institution (2nd or 3rd year, preferably having completed a course in accounting), working towards a degree in Accounting and on track to complete 150 semester hours for CPA designation.
* Strong working knowledge of MS Office including MS PowerPoint, Excel, Word and Outlook
This position would be suitable for those candidates who meet the role qualifications and who thrive in a performance-driven environment that emphasizes employee leadership and accountability for delivering results.
We are proud to create a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are grateful for your interest in this position, however, only candidates selected for pre-screening will be contacted.
- Career Counseling
- Coaching And Mentoring