To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Santa Clara, CA
- Phone: 510-505-0560
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Environmental Specialist 2
Volt • Santa Clara, CA
Posted 1 month ago
Volt is recruiting for an Environmental Compliance Specialist to support in the South Bay!
In this role:
You will ensure that required plans and permits are current and company is in compliance with environmental policy.
Some of your duties may include:
- Determines that required plans and permits are current and Company is in compliance with environmental policy
- Prepares and submits necessary reports and information to local governments/agencies.
- Conducts compliance inspections of facilities and operations and brings issues to management as needed.
- Maintains compliance management database and ensures that compliance binders and required documents on site are complete and up to date.
- Assists with reviews of special waste applications and analytical reports to confirm compliance with landfill acceptance criteria.
- Communicates verbally and in writing with regulators and accompanies them during inspections.
- Maintains facility records as needed to ensure compliance with permits and regulations.
- Samples water, soil, air, compost, and hazardous waste material, etc. for laboratory analysis using appropriate equipment and regulatory procedures
- Prepares manifests for hazardous waste disposal shipments and submits Hazardous Waste Disposal Fees, Hazardous Waste Generator Fees, EPA ID Questionnaires, and Manifest Fee Returns. Evaluates incoming materials for acceptability consistent with Company waste acceptance guidelines.
- Represents the Company to regulatory agencies and the general public as needed. Answers inquiries by correspondence, telephone, and in person.
- Assists with design and presentation of environmental, permitting, and compliance related training.
- Assists in the development of testing protocols, such as odor control, waste characterization testing, etc. and participates in testing as required.
- Travels to multiple locations for on-site visits.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Three years of experience in environmental compliance, permitting, engineering or related field.
- Valid Driver’s License.