**Strength Through Diversity**
**Ground-breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.**
**_Roles & Responsibilities:_**
+ **Job Summary:** The Patient Services Liaison investigates, resolves, documents, and reports patient and visitor compliments and concerns to leadership and staff. This individual participates in the development and implementation of customer service and patient relations initiatives related to his/ her assigned department. Provides monthly accountability and analysis of customer service outcomes to department management. **Essential Duties and Responsibilities**
1. Provides direct support to patients and their families, meets/greets families, offers comfort and reassurances, and listens and reports the needs and concerns to appropriate professionals. Assists with daily impromptu questions and problems.
2. Develops a consultant relationship with other departments to build and sustain a patient/customer-focused culture.
3. Assists with customer service training for staff.
4. May participate on committees, work groups, and/or process improvement teams that improve patient/customer satisfaction.
5. May provide amenities including arranging overnight accommodations, providing parking and meal passes as appropriate, and providing information about department services to patients and their families; generally works to make any waiting times easier.
6. Facilitates resolution of complaints/grievances/requests for patients and visitors for the assigned area by acting as liaison with staff, physicians, and administration.
7. Reviews, investigates, routes, and follows up on patient questionnaires in order to resolve complaints and to assist the administration in monitoring trends.
8. Responds to suggestions and compliments submitted by patients and provides positive reinforcement to involved staff.
9. Documents patient/visitor concerns, and action taken, to include patient demographic data, synopsis of incident, actions taken to resolve, and outcome. May refer cases to Quality Assurance at manager's direction.
10. Identifies systems-related problems, via patient/visitor data, and works collaboratively with physicians, administrators, and staff to resolve them. Conducts monthly accountability and variance analysis of balanced scorecard customer service outcomes.
11. May assist in the preparation of annual and quarterly executive reports for senior leadership; may present data to leadership teams.
12. Performs other related duties incidental to work indicated herein. **Education Requirements** HS/GED; Associates degree preferred, or an equivalent combination of relevant work experience and education **Experience Requirements** 2 years, preferably in a health-related/patient service environment
**_Strength Through Diversity_**
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity, equity, and inclusion are key drivers for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai's unrivaled record of achievement, education, and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together. We invite you to participate actively as a part of the Mount Sinai Health System team by:
+ Using a lens of equity in all aspects of patient care delivery, education, and research to promote policies and practices to allow opportunities for all to thrive and reach their potential
+ Serving as a role model confronting racist, sexist, or other inappropriate actions by speaking up, challenging exclusionary organizational practices, and standing side-by-side in support of colleagues who experience discrimination
+ Inspiring and fostering an environment of anti-racist behaviors among and between departments and co-workers
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people and to create an inclusive, welcoming, and nurturing work environment where all feel they are valued, belong, and are able to professionally advance. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, contribute to the patient experience and quality of patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our history!
**_Who We Are_**
**Over 42,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.**
**Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospitals, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke's, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.**
The Mount Sinai Health System (MSHS) provides equal employment opportunities to all its employees and applicants for employment without unlawful discrimination on the basis of their actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, gender identity, age, disability, marital or parental status, sexual orientation, veteran, immigration, citizenship, or other protected status.
**EOE includes Veterans and the Disabled**
- Balanced Scorecard
- Business Process Improvement
- Customer Satisfaction
- Customer Service
- Customer Service Training