Lincoln Electric is the world leader in the design, development and manufacture of the highest quality arc welding products, automated joining assembly and cutting systems, and has a global leading position in brazing and soldering alloys. With over 125 years of innovation and service excellence, we are committed to employing talent that will support our strategy to foster innovation, drive growth and provide a first class experience for our customers. Lincoln Electric: we operate to a higher standard to build a better world.
Req. ID: 22710
PURPOSE: The COO’s Executive Assistant will provide high-level administrative support to the COO as well as assist with other Executive Committee members. Reporting directly to the COO, the Executive Assistant provides executive support in a one-on-one working relationship. The Executive Assistant also serves as a liaison to the board of directors, outside business partners and senior management teams; organizes and coordinates executive outreach and external relations efforts, and oversees events and special projects. The Executive Assistant must be creative and enjoy working within an entrepreneurial environment and excel at project and event management. The ideal individual will have the ability to exercise good judgment in a diversity of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, administrative, and organizational skills, and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities.
JOB DESCRIPTION (DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES)
- Provide and lead support to both internal and external parties with a high level of professionalism and in a manner that reflects positively on the organization
- Manage sensitive matters with a high level of confidentiality and discretion especially decisions directly impacting the global operations of the company
- Schedule and sustain a potentially complex daily calendar of meetings and events with internal/external business partners and groups, resolving any conflicts. Manage COO's contacts
- Organize and manage all aspects of large events and meetings, including meeting planning, coordinating presentations and/or contributing to them, vendor coordination and day-of-event venue execution
- Prepare Word, Excel, PowerPoint presentations, agendas, reports, special projects and other documents in support of objectives for the organization
- Arrange travel and accommodations for executives. Prepare expense reports.
- Screen incoming telephone calls; take and deliver accurate messages; respond to requests by gathering and providing information and referring non-routine calls to the appropriate staff
- Excellent communication and time management skills; proven ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to function well in a high-paced environment; performs additional duties as assigned by executives Draft and prepare correspondence for internal announcements, board meetings, and organizations in which the executive is involved
- Be responsive to emails/texts/phone calls, potentially outside normal business hours Professionally greet guests in person or on phone; answering or directing inquiries Use discretion, confidentiality, and good judgment to handle C-Level matters
- Represent the company and the Executive in a positive light through great follow-through skills and sound judgment
- Conserve the COO's time by reading, researching, collecting and analyzing information as needed, in advance
- Complete ad hoc projects as assigned – such as personal events and/or family needs
- Assumes additional responsibilities as needed or directed in support of the Company’s 2025 Strategy.
- High school diploma or GED
- Vocational training or equivalent experience; Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field preferred
- Minimum 10 years of progressively responsible and diversified administrative experience, including support to Executive Team members. 5+ years of related experience required in working in an executive assistant role supporting C-Level executives, project and event management experience strongly preferred
- Advanced Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally
- Flexible hours as dictated by the needs of business for projects and meetings
- Ability to plan, coordinate & implement all details of events/meetings, potentially requiring preparation outside of regular business hours and possible travel to plan and execute
- Basic accounting, record-keeping skills to prepare and review account statements
- Ability to travel and be available outside of core office hours when required
- Business sense - has a strong business sense and can decipher priorities and make sound judgment calls when needed
- Commitment to excellence - perform duties at the highest level possible on a consistent basis Excellent communicator - able to interact with people of all levels in a confident, professional manner Demonstrate ability and temperament to work with sensitive information
- Team player - have team-oriented experience and approach
- Service focus - dedicated to meeting the expectations of the COO and other senior executives by maintaining effective relationships with interested parties
- Ability to think outside of the box with a sense of urgency Experience with data analysis
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.
Lincoln Electric is a $3.2B publicly traded company (NASDAQ) with over 11,000 employees around the world. With operations in over 56 manufacturing locations in 19 countries, we are well positioned to continue this partnership and poised to grow with our customers. As a part of that continuing legacy, you will contribute to a new generation of innovation and experience the pride that comes with being part of the solution to the world’s challenges. It is a great time to be part of the welding industry!
Lincoln Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters. Resumes submitted to any employee(s) of Lincoln Electric without a signed vendor agreement, by the Manager of Recruiting & Training, will become property of Lincoln Electric. Verbal or written commitments from any other member of Lincoln Electric will not be considered binding terms. Lincoln Electric will not pay a fee to any third-party recruiter that has not coordinated their recruiting activity through the Recruiting Department.
Employment Status: Salary Full-Time
Section: Lincoln Cleveland (US10)
EOE, including disability/veterans
- Agenda Development
- Business Administration
- Commercial Awareness
- Confident And Emotionally Stable