Apply knowledge of mechanical, electrical, and computer engineering theory and methods to the design of automation, intelligent systems, smart devices, or industrial systems control by performing the following duties.
- Designs, develops, and tests all aspects of control systems and components, equipment, and machinery.
- May be responsible for the installation and operational qualification of tool/jig, equipment, control system, PLC based hardware and software plus all associated documentation at all facility locations.
- May use computer-assisted engineering, design software and equipment to perform assignments.
- Applies principles and techniques of electrical/mechanical engineering to accomplish goals.
- Installs, troubleshoots, and maintains products/equipment.
- Trains employees, identifies, analyzes, and repairs product failures, orders and replaces parts as needed.
- Determines and recommends which products or services best fit the project needs.
- Demonstrates Harmac’s core values of honesty, integrity, and respect.
- Other duties/projects as assigned.
- Provides daily maintenance in specialized areas that require a multi-disciplinary base of technical understanding for complex troubleshooting, modification, assembly and/or testing.
- Communicates with Plant Engineering Manager to gain approval/escalate necessary changes for plant maintenance.
- Work is generally independent and collaborative.
Why work at Harmac?
Harmac provides our employees with more than just a great place to work. Our comprehensive benefits package, employee wellness program, and a suite of perks help our people to get the most out of their workplace experience.
Harmac offers the following perks and benefits to all employees:
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Paid holidays and vacations
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Quarterly bonuses
- Subsidized cafeteria costs
- Peer recognition initiatives
- Summer scholarships for children and grandchildren of employees
- On-site gym
- Employee of the Month program
- Onsite social worker to assist with important life events
- Daily free fruit and on-site cafeteria
- Proficient in most, if not all, of the following competencies/skills: Instrument Control, Performance Analysis, Power Management, Process Optimization, Reliability Analysis, Schematic Capture, Statistical Process Control, Technical Troubleshooting, Control Systems, Device Integration, SCADA Architecture, Programmable Logic Control (PLC), Human Machine Interface (HMI), Computer-Aided Engineering (CAE) Software.
- Familiar with a variety of electrical and control system concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Familiar with medical device equipment design concepts, practices, and procedures.
- PLC knowledge as well as Robotics training a plus.
- Proficient in Solidworks or another type of design software (ACAD, Pro-E, etc.)
- Equipment/system design (mechanical and electrical)
- Hands on ability (basic electro-mechanical, wiring, etc)
- Understands regulated type industries a plus.
- Knowledge of medical device manufacturer and supplies knowledge a plus.
- World-class manufacturing knowledge a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical, Automation or Controls Engineering, or Industrial Engineering, required.
- 4-7 years related experience in the field or in a related field.
- Auto Cad
- Business Process Improvement
- Computer Aided Engineering (Cae)