Grady Health System offers many career paths. Whether you have many years of experience or are in the early stages on your career, you can find a rewarding position at Grady!SUMMARY
Pharmacy Technician must be competent in assisting a licensed pharmacist in the preparation of prescriptions for Pediatric, Adult, and Geriatric patients. Enters prescription information into the computer system (in a conditional status for pharmacist verification) and performs cashiering functions when needed.
Performs restocking of automated dispensing systems and documents all information required for Quality Control purposes, as assigned. Returns to stock and documents all medications not dispensed. Orders, maintains & organizes appropriate inventory to support dispensing activities. Assist in orientation of newly hired technicians, as assigned. Assist pharmacists, as needed, to assure productivity and operational efficiencies. Provide patients with outstanding customer service and assistance.QUALIFICATIONS
Equal Opportunity Employer-Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
- High School Diploma or GED Certification with one of the following and two years successful hospital or retail pharmacy technician experience:
- Completed an ASHP accredited pharmacy technician-training program
- Completed a pharmacy technician training program externship at Grady Health System with recommendation from Grady Health System preceptor
- Completed a pharmacy technician cross training program at Grady Health System with recommendation from Grady Health System preceptor
- Have one (1) year of experience at Grady Health System in a pharmacy
- Have one (1) year of experience in a pharmacy outside of Grady Health System
- Must be a Registered Technician with the State of Georgia by
- Pharmacy Technician PTCB Certification preferred
- Organization and accurate record keeping skills
- Basic computer data entry skills required and typing approximately 30 wpm
- Data Entry
- Customer Service