Job Summary: Reporting to the Lot Manager or designated manager, the Auction driver operates motor vehicles on and off the premises for transport, pickup and delivery in support of auction activities. Safely move, stage, and park vehicles in the correct lot area and perform all other lot duties as assigned by the Lot Manager or designated manager.
Responsibilities and Duties include but are not limited to the following:
1. Provide excellent customer service:
§ Make sure customers receive prompt, efficient and courteous attention by providing excellent customer service and respond to all inquiries in a timely manner.
§ Maintain a professional appearance, orderly work environment and friendly disposition by greeting customers and guests promptly and with courtesy.
§ Resolve customer complaints in a friendly, courteous manner and advise Management of all serious complaints or incidents
2. Daily Responsibilities:
§ Drive vehicles to and from designated areas, as well as pick up and deliver vehicles while observing auction driving rules, rules of the road and demonstrating courteous and defensive driving principles.
§ Drive assigned vehicles through auction lanes on sale day. Ability to drive both manual and automatic transmission vehicles.
§ Verify VIN of cars being picked up and or delivered against transportation request.
§ Line up and park vehicles in the correct order as directed by the Lot Manager, Team Leader or designated supervisor.
§ Move vehicles as necessary and locate vehicles mis-parked.
§ If necessary, inflate tires and jump-start vehicles using a battery box and air tank.
§ Notify Lot Manager when vehicles are inoperable.
§ Fill gas tank when vehicle is out of gas.
§ Aid in movement of inoperable vehicles, as directed.
§ Assist customers such as dealers, account reps, and co-workers as needed.
§ Perform walk-around each vehicle prior to moving vehicle and note damage.
* Operate all vehicles in a safe manner and in compliance with Company policy and procedures and traffic laws and regulations.
* Observe rules of the road and the lot adhering to speed limits and posted traffic signs.
* Immediately report to Lot Manager or designated manager anything that occurs which may potentially jeopardize the ability to physically or legally operate a motor vehicle.
* Maintain and assure good operating condition of all equipment. Advise Lot Manager or designated manager of all breakdowns and maintenance needs.
* Maintain work area and conditions to ensure a safe environment for all employees and customers. Respond to and follow proper company policy involving accidents, customer or employee injuries, and loss or damage to property. Report all incidents to the Lot Manager or designated manager.
* Practice proper loss prevention and reaction procedures in accordance with policy.
4. Other responsibilities:
§ Comply with all job-related safety and health procedures.
§ Perform other job-related duties as assigned by Supervisor.
§ Complete necessary paperwork and reports as required.
§ Practice and promote teamwork at all times setting a good example of attitude and performance.
§ Practice and promote Company Core Values.
Auction Driver – Specific Responsibilities and Skills: Operate motor vehicles on and off the premises for transport, drive vehicles through the auction lanes on sale day, pickup, deliver and safely move, stage, and park vehicles in the correct area.
Job Title Qualifications:
* High School Diploma or GED required.
* Must be qualified to operate a motor vehicle and possess a valid driver’s license.
* Must be able to read English and comprehend motor vehicle traffic signs.
* Must be insured and/or insurable, if required, by the state.
* Previous auto auction experience a plus.
* Must not be under the influence of any condition or substance that could distract or impair the ability to safely and efficiently operate a motor vehicle.