SGS is the world's leading inspection, verification, testing, and certification company. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 94,000 employees SGS operates a network of over 2,600 offices and laboratories around the world. Job Description
The primary responsibility of this role is to present and promote SGS Agricultural Testing Services to all potential clients and new accounts, while leveraging new business opportunities of existing accounts and new marketing opportunities, with the objective of establishing long-term, mutually beneficial business partnerships. This position will focus on Analytical Services (chemistry and biologics testing) for the Crop Science division while maintaining an awareness of other services within the SGS scope.
Applicants should be in the Midwest region; however, remote applicants will be considered.
- Responsible for profitable revenue growth within the Analytical Services businesses, while establishing strategic long-term, mutually beneficial business partnerships with new clients within these segments.
- Place a large focus on Agri-commodities and raw ingredient market segments, while coordinating with other SGS divisions (e.g., Trade Services) to realize testing opportunities.
- Educate customers on SGS Brookings’ service offerings, including chemistry analysis of Agri-commodities, raw ingredients, feed, and crops, as well as DNA and protein analysis, training opportunities, and any additional service offerings.
- Act as the commercial face and voice of SGS with clients. Includes developing relationships, fielding inquiries, assisting in proposal development and issuance, assisting in onboarding new clients, and completing regular visits.
- Work with business managers and marketing to identify key industry events, and lead SGS presence at relative trade shows, conferences, and client meetings.
- Aggressively seek new service portfolio offerings from a clear and thorough understanding of client needs, anticipating what is needed to improve service quality, improve market share, and increase revenues. Develop new and emergent business and drive new service offerings within the Crop Science businesses.
- Source new business leads and identifies business opportunities, including new services.
- Liaison with the SGS Marketing team to take an active role in marketing projects for SGS Brookings. Includes marketing programs, time-bound campaigns, advertising and promotional activities, website and social media efforts, trade shows, and key customer events, and market research activities.
- Maintain information on competitors’ strengths, weaknesses, policies, pricing, services, etc. to increase likelihood of winning bid situations.
- Maintain communication through all levels of the business.
- Ensure quality and confidentiality of client and company information and take an active role in updating Quality System.
- Assist in other areas of the company as needed.
- Promote responsibility, good work habits, a positive work environment, and improve customer service.
- At all times, comply with the SGS Code of Integrity and Professional Conduct.
- B.S. in Agriculture, Business, Biology, or Chemistry.
- 5+ years in the Analytical Services industry. A clear and defined knowledge of this industry and client commercial interaction is essential.
- 5+ years of experience across multiple areas of business management: Sales/Marketing, Business Development, Key Account Management, Product Development, Client Services, Strategy, Operations, is desired.
- Prefer majority of industry experience to be centered around chemistry and biological testing services.
- The role requires strong collaboration and professional relationships with the current operation and business managers, key account managers, and client service representatives.
- This role will drive business for the Brookings, South Dakota laboratories,
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Travel: based on business and client needs, key trade shows, and meeting attendance.
- Encourages customer focus: Identify and anticipate customer requirements, expectations and needs.
- Competitive, profit-driven, aggressively pursue organizational success, and achieves outstanding business results.
- Energy and enthusiasm: set high standards for own performance and maintains a consistent, high level of productivity.
- Deliver a way of life: demonstrate and foster a strong commitment to achieving goals.
- Encourage the open exchange of information and viewpoints.
- Collaborates across boundaries and contributes to SGS Group's success by actively cooperating with other departments, countries, and businesses.
- Provides clarity and focuses on important information and recognizes key interrelationships and patterns, breaks down problems into manageable components.
REQUIRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Fully computer proficient, (Microsoft Office, Excel, and PowerPoint) able to learn and quickly adapt to new systems and technologies (corporate software).
- Proven success in Sales, Marketing, Business Development, and Key Account Management.
- Experience creating presentations, training materials, business plans, and presenting and delivering to multiple stakeholders.
HEALTH AND SAFETY GUIDELINES
- Demonstrate strong commitment to SGS HSE Policies, Procedures, and Work Instructions by participating in safety meetings, completing required training, intervening in unsafe situations, refusing unsafe work, and complying fully with all applicable laws and regulations related to HSE.
- Respond appropriately to emergency situations and assists other staff members in maintaining readiness to respond to emergencies within the workplace.
- In accordance with the SGS HSE Management System requirements, dispose of, or direct the disposal of waste generated as part of daily work performed in a safe manner and in compliance with all waste transportation and disposal regulations and requirements.
- Report all incidents (actual incidents and near misses) in accordance with the SGS Incident Reporting requirements.
- Use all equipment (including safety equipment) in the manner intended and report any damaged/lost equipment to the supervisor.
- Maintain a safe and tidy worksite.
- Maintain awareness of hazards and propose controls to supervisor, HSE Representatives, or relevant client/site contact.
- Actively participates in incident investigations and risk assessments as deemed necessary by SGS management.
SGS is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristics protected by law.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
If you are applying for a position within the United States and you have difficulty completing the on-line employment application because of a disability, please call
for assistance and leave a message. You will receive a call back. Please note, this phone number is not for general employment information, but is only for individuals who are experiencing difficulty applying for a position due to a disability
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.