This is an exciting time to consider a career with Veolia, a growing company that offers unique opportunities. Veolia is proud to offer a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. In addition to protecting you and your family’s health and well-being, we offer important financial benefits to include a sign on bonus and many additional perks including a collaborative team environment and the opportunity to work for a company that is making our world a better place!
Veolia has, since the late 1990s, continuously operated the International Wastewater Treatment Plant for the federal International Boundary and Water Commission. The facility treats an average of 25 million gallons per day of wastewater from sources in Mexico. Treatment processes include advanced primary treatment, activated sludge secondary treatment, sludge thickening, and belt press dewatering. Control systems include a fully integrated SCADA and PLC network. Web based operations and maintenance data management systems support day-to-day facility performance.
In addition to the treatment plant itself, the facilities include five ‘canyon collector’ structures that capture occasional surface runoff and two pumping stations that transmit collector flow to the treatment plant. The facility is staffed 24 hours per day, 7 days per week. At present, 26 Veolia staff members operate and maintain the treatment facilities.
Staff safety is critical to Veolia’s operation. The treatment facility staff have achieved more than 10 years without a lost time incident. Maintenance of an active safety program is driven by a staff based safety committee backed up by Veolia’s commitment to an industry leading safety program.
The Operations Supervisor supervises ten full time employees at the treatment facility. This position plans and coordinates activities of workers to operate and maintain wastewater treatment, processing, disposal and testing equipment in wastewater treatment facility to treat wastewater to meet permit requirements and operational requirements and prepares relevant reports to the management, to the client and to the regulatory authorities.
- Must have a valid Grade V WWTP Operator Certification from the California SWRCB; must have been effective a minimum of one (1) year.
- A minimum of five (5) years combined experience in the management and operations, cost control, data management and trend analyses of activated sludge with aeration tanks wastewater treatment facilities of equal or greater size and complexity to the above described facilities.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience as an on-site Grade IV Operations Supervisor for activated sludge with aeration tanks facility of equal or greater size and complexity to the above described facilities or a minimum of five (5) years of experience as shift supervisor at the SBIWTP.
- Degree in related field (24 credits in Chemistry is a plus) or equivalent related experience.
- Must have a comprehensive understanding of wastewater treatment processes, maintenance strategy and laboratory procedures.
- Must demonstrate effective skills in troubleshooting, problem solving and team building.
- Ingenuity and initiative are required to coordinate problem resolution and to execute the schedule requirements within a team environment.
- Must have general knowledge of budget preparation and understanding of cost control.
- Demonstrated good verbal communications and interpersonal skills in order to interface with and motivate all levels of personnel.
- Demonstrated ability to prepare accurate, timely, effective, complete and easily understood written communications and reports.
- Proficiency in promoting a safe work environment. Demonstrated knowledge of current California and federal safety guidelines.
- PC skills and knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software for preparing work related reports, charts, graphs and data submittal requirements. Ability to use computer systems for preparing work orders and purchasing requisitions.
- Extensive experience of data reporting, Hach WIMS or similar database management and development and trend analyses or similar experience for digitization of manually collected data.
- Must be able to respond to emergency calls as needed and work extended hours to accommodate site needs.
- Demonstrated commitment to compliance with applicable laws and regulations, the Company's Code of Business Conduct and other Company policies and procedures.
- Must have a valid driver’s license with a safe driving record.
- Must be able to pass a Federal Background check, criminal background and drug test.
Production Equipment Controls
Personal Protective Equipment