The Class A Driver is responsible for delivering product, load integrity, handling the vehicle (truck and trailer), load equipment, product returns, required transportation paperwork; COD check collections, and credit exchanges. As the face of Albert’s Organics, the truck driver is responsible for providing superior customer service to all customers. ESSENTIAL DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
- Drive to scheduled customer locations and/or Company DCs, as per daily shipping log/dispatch manifest, to ensure on time delivery of products; contact appropriate transportation contact/customer concerning anticipated late deliveries.
- Responsible for the loading/unloading of the truck and taking product into the customer location/DC as required.
- Check loads to ensure that they are secure and correct.
- Ensure that all paperwork for the customer and/or DC, accounting and transportation is properly completed and submitted in a timely manner and in accordance with Albert’s Organics policies and procedures.
- Responsible for collection of payments from C.O.D. customers.
- Complete BOL paperwork and relevant Q/C product returns paperwork for returns on same day deliveries.
- Ensure Return Authorization Form is obtained for all return products from a prior delivery; do not accept return items without prior authorization.
- Complete all required internal paperwork in an accurate and timely manner.
- Place return items neatly in the back of the truck; segregate as required by Food Safety/Cold Chain Guidelines.
- Communicate with Accounts Receivable regarding collection of payments from customers.
- Maintain a clean and sanitary vehicle at all times.
- Follow all required processes for transportation GPS program.
- Maintain a driver log and trip log as required by D.O.T.
- Communicate in a timely manner with management regarding required repairs and anticipated maintenance work.
- Notify Transportation or Operations Manager/Supervisor, as appropriate for location, of all on and offduty moving violations and DOT vehicle inspections in accordance with D.O.T. regulations and Company policy.
- Perform vehicle end-of-day procedures as required on a daily basis.
- Complete both pre-trip and post-trip inspection reports; submit as appropriate.
- Provide guidance/direction to driver’s helper.
- Attend all mandatory safety meetings.
- Observe all Company safety policies and procedures and in accordance with D.O.T. regulations.
- Perform duties in accordance with HACCP and Safe Quality Food (SQF) policies and procedures, as appropriate for location.
- Follow Company policies and procedures for all product recalls as appropriate. 23. Perform all duties in a highly ethical manner and in accordance with Company policies and procedures. 24. Perform other duties as assigned by management.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to drive equipment in a safe manner.
- Able to maintain vehicle in clean and sanitary condition.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Able to complete and maintain required paperwork in a timely and accurate manner.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective, positive working relationships internally/externally with a diverse group of individuals; a team player.
- Must be able to be flexible regarding tasks and schedules.
- Good work ethic.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Must have valid Class A CDL license with valid medical card and clean driving record with at least one (1) year of verifiable driving experience.
- Minimum 1 year of experience driving Class A vehicles.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status. UNFI is an EO employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Hardworking And Dedicated
Hazard Analysis And Critical Control Points