To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Raritan, NJ 08869
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Analyst, Global Market Insights
Ortho Clinical Diagnostics, Inc. • Raritan, NJ
Posted 25 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The Career Potential
Ortho Clinical Diagnostics is committed to improving and saving lives with diagnostics. To do this we hire people who share this dream and are ready for new adventures. As a valued team member, you will carve your own career path and be part of building this company stronger and better than ever before. There is no limit to the experiences, opportunities and new directions you will have access to here at Ortho Clinical Diagnostics. More importantly, you will be driving the surge of a whole new direction in important medicine. That’s something we can all take pride in as we take this journey together.
Ortho is known in the industry as a leader in customer service and support. Deeply understanding and exceeding the needs of our clinical lab, hospital and blood bank customers is what we do. It’s who we are. If you join Ortho, no matter what your role, you will be expected to keep that Customer Excellence focus in your work.
Market Insights at Ortho is a strategic, up-stream marketing team responsible for delivering a centralized mindshare of IVD market dynamics to drive corporate strategy. As a core member of the Market Insights team, the Analyst will advance that mission by distilling and communicating actionable insights based on real-time analytics and competitive intelligence. This individual will serve as a business partner to key stakeholders throughout the commercial organization, collaborating across 6 regions, 3 business fields, and numerous functions to generate in-depth market analysis.
This position presents the opportunity to develop expertise in the global in vitro diagnostics (IVD) industry by deploying advanced data analytics to monitor the competitive environment, champion the voice of customer (VOC), assess Ortho’s performance, identify potential opportunities and threats, and to integrate insights essential to sound business planning and execution. The ability to combine business analytics and strategic marketing frameworks is essential – this position requires a high degree of business acumen and stellar communication skills.
(1) Market Insights and Competitive Intelligence (40%)
- Develop, refine, and communicate insights drawn from multiple sources, including primary and secondary research, competitive intelligence, and financial performance
- Design and analyze custom qualitative and quantitative marketing research projects with actionable recommendations in development/support of brand/portfolio strategy and tactics and in alignment with business planning process
- Contribute to competitive monitoring initiatives, deriving and distilling insights on both traditional and emerging competitors around the world, and communicating these insights in a clear, structured, and timely manner
- Provide timely CI reporting and alerts to advance competitive readiness
- Monitor regular geographic performance and prepare insights to surface performance issues/opportunities and align on action, lead performance updates, and conduct ad hoc analyses based on synthesis / analysis of a variety of primary / secondary data sources
- Provide proactively integrated analyses to key stakeholders (e.g., ad-hoc customer segment- level reports and trend reports for internal Sales and Marketing management) by conducting hypothesis-driven investigations into patient-level and transactional-level data
(2) Global Market Models and Data Analysis (40%)
- Develop robust market and revenue model projections through extensive data analysis and collaboration on a global level
- Refine market modelling to continuously improve team deliverables, including market book, quarterly and monthly reports, as well as competitive profiles
- Careful analysis of available data and determination of knowledge gaps
- Translate data into trends with strategic importance and business impact
- Interprets and contextualizes analytical findings within the framework of existing body of research and data
(3) Consultation/Business Partnership (20%)
- With supervision, manage cross-functional projects from inception to completion, ensuring alignment on mission, scope, budget, and timing, including:
- Successfully positioning role as a strategic consultant to key stakeholders by staying connected and foreseeing evolving business issues and decision support needs related to brand performance
- Partnering closely with Business Field Leads, Product Management, Regional Marketing, Commercial, Business Development, and other teams to incorporate quality market and competitive analyses into portfolio development and prioritization
- Collaborate with Ortho stakeholders to develop of market models and research plans that deliver insights and market opportunities for quarterly and annual market assessment reports, product development business cases, competitive updates, strategic planning, and other areas of interest to Ortho
- Support special business development functions and special projects as assigned
- Other Duties
- Evaluates and continuously improves the quality and alignment of all data, information and processes
- Assess and develop new processes and techniques to advance market research capabilities and improve internal efficiencies
- Pro-actively seek process improvement opportunities by challenging existing processes, proposing solutions, and driving approved implementation plans
- Strive to maintain awareness of best practices in market research and analytics across industries by staying abreast of current and new data sources, MR techniques and MR agencies
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in business or related discipline. MBA or other advanced degree in relevant field (e.g., healthcare, life sciences, business analytics) Superior business acumen, including knowledge and experience applying strategic marketing frameworks
- Demonstrated acumen in critical thinking, high-degree of emotional intelligence, and exceptional communication skills are essential
- Superior data analysis skills. Knowledge of cutting edge methodologies and software ( SPSS, Tableau, SAS, etc.) a considerable plus
- Demonstrated key attributes – the successful candidate will exhibit energy, enthusiasm, and intellectual curiosity and a relentless drive to exceed expectations
- Strong project management capabilities with ability to complete projects and achieve results
- Experience in data and financial analysis, competitor profiling and insight generation
- Required travel 10-20% (domestic and international)
- Key Working Relationships: Reports directly to Market Insights Lead
For this position we will not sponsor applicants for work visas.
Ortho Clinical Diagnostics believes in Equal Opportunity for all and is committed to ensuring all individuals, including individuals with disabilities, have an opportunity to apply for those positions that they are interested in and qualify for without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic. Ortho Clinical Diagnostics is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals so that an individual can perform their job related duties. If you are interested in applying for an employment opportunity and require special assistance or an accommodation to apply due to a disability, please contact us at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]