To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Knoxville, TN
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Mental Health Tech (ECF) - Starting at $14/hr
RHA Health Services • Knoxville, TN
Posted 12 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
We are looking for talented individuals who share our dedication to the people we serve and support. RHA is dedicated to supporting people as they strive for increasing independence, personal growth and opportunities in their communities. The guiding principle of RHA is that every person is unique and, therefore, every path to independence, recovery and wellness is unique. Our approach to care puts the needs of the people and communities we serve at the center of every decision.
Looking to make a difference?
Bring your compassion and dependability to work with our devoted home healthcare team where you can truly make a difference in the lives of people with significant behavioral/mental health support needs.
RHA Health Services is looking for personable, energetic and dedicated Behavior Support Specialist to join our community-based team. As a member of this team, you will providing Intensive Behavioral Supportive Home Care and Intensive Behavioral Community Transition and Stabilization Services.
Intensive Behavioral Supportive Home Care is a new benefit targeted to providing intensive in-home, family-centered behavior supports, behavior-focused supportive home care, caregiver training and support, combined with crisis intervention and stabilization assistance and in-home behavioral respite when needed for a relatively small group of children (under age 21) who live with their family and have intellectual and/or developmental disabilities and severe co-occurring behavioral health and/or psychiatric conditions that place the child or others at significant risk of harm and threaten the sustainability of the family living arrangement.
Intensive Behavioral Community Transition and Stabilization Services is a new benefit targeted primarily to providing short-term intensive community-based behavioral-focused transition and stabilization services and supports to assist adults age 18 years and older with intellectual and/or developmental disabilities and severe behavioral and/or psychiatric conditions who are transitioning out of a highly structured and supervised environment to achieve and maintain stable, integrated lives in their communities.
As a Behavior Support Specialist (or Mental Health Tech) you will provide support for your clients both in residential and community-based settings. You will get to know your clients on a personal level as you assist them with in the implementation of personal plans, goals, and objectives; working with them to facilitate their communication in terms of needs and requests.
Our Behavior Support Specialist comes to know the individuals that they work with less as clients, more as friends! If you’re looking for an opportunity to truly make a difference in the lives of the people that you serve, then consider RHA Health Services - where we put people first!
The ideal candidates for this position are patient, compassionate, nurturing and have a calming demeanor in times of stress. Successful candidates for the Behavior Support Specialist (or Mental Health Tech) role are able to perform the physical components of the role including being able to lift and move up to 50lbs., are comfortable working in stressful situations and are able to handle difficult situations with ease.
Additional requirements for this role include:
- Bachelor degree
- Associate Degree with 3+ years of Duel IDD/BH experience or High School/GED with 5+ years Duel IDD/BH experience.
- Experience working with significant behavioral/mental health support needs.
- Valid drivers’ license and automotive insurance
- Flexible schedule and availability to provide on-call coverage as needed
- Regularly required to lift 30 lbs. Must be able to lift a minimum of 70 lbs. Must be able to pull a minimum of 50lbs.
- Provide CPR after certification
- Ability to pass background check and drug screen
- CPR, first aid, NCI and/or MedTech certification, a plus
RHA Health Services offers a competitive compensation and benefits package to full-time employees that are aimed at supporting your health and wellness, financial planning, work life balance, and protection from the unexpected. In the role of Behavior Support Specialist , we understand your desire to continue to grow in the role; we are known for providing high-quality services, excellent staff training and opportunities for advancement into supervisory and other roles within the organization.
The comprehensive compensation and benefits package for full-time employees includes:
- Competitive compensation program including regular performance feedback and coaching
- Healthcare insurance: Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Voluntary Benefits, Employee Assistance Program, Telemed and Pharmacy Insurance, Health Advocate service which assists employees find doctors, schedule appointments, estimate costs, answer medical/prescription questions, resolve medical claims issues and basically does the legwork for employees
- Offering free diabetic medication and supplies
- 401(k) retirement savings program with Wells Fargo
- Paid Time Off
- Company sponsored Life and AD&D Insurance
- Extensive Wellness Programs including company paid scholarships for healthy weight management and nicotine cessation, several wellness challenges and rewards through the year.
- Free Annual Health Screening and Wellness coaching event.
- Discounted medical premiums for nicotine free employees.
- Free CPR, first aid, and job-specific training opportunities
If you are ready to make a difference in the lives of people we serve and support apply to join the team today.