Grainger is a broad line, business-to-business distributor of maintenance, repair and operating (MRO) supplies and other related products and services. More than 3.2 million businesses and institutions worldwide rely on Grainger for products such as safety gloves, ladders, motors and janitorial supplies, along with services like inventory management and technical support. These customers represent a broad collection of industries including commercial, government, healthcare and manufacturing. They place orders online, on mobile devices, through sales representatives, over the phone and at local branches. Approximately 5,000 suppliers provide Grainger with more than 1.6 million products stocked in Grainger’s distribution centers and branches worldwide.
The Manager, Leadership Development is responsible for Grainger’s leadership development strategy. This role will function as a global thought leader, strategic partner and coach aligning COE resources through deployment of best practices in the global leadership development processes.
- Develops a learning strategy and roadmap for senior leaders, including Directors and Sr. Directors, to help drive our company strategy and grow their careers.
- Ensures Grainger’s cultural beliefs and leadership principles are the foundation of all leadership development initiatives.
- Ensures that enterprise-wide leadership development initiatives are aligned to close business and performance gaps, improving the effectiveness of the organization and its ability to attract, development and retain top talent.
- Partners with senior leaders, the HR leadership team, and HR Business Partners to understand leader skill requirements to enable Grainger to achieve its growth goals.
- Demonstrates strong consultative, relationship building, interpersonal and influence skills in dealing with all levels of management. Effective at quickly establishing credibility and developing working relationships.
- Demonstrate thought leadership by contributing to the development and evolution of methodologies and intellectual capital including contributing to articles, whitepapers, external speaking engagements and training efforts and/or participating in benchmarking, research, networking, etc.
- Demonstrates strength in program and project management, planning, budgeting and project deployment.
- Assists in the selection of, and/or partners with, external vendors to develop/implement solutions.
- MBA or Masters in organizational development, industrial/organizational psychology, human resources, learning & development, or related field
- 8+ years progressive leadership in business or human resource management roles
- Previous change management, global experience a plus
- Previous consulting experience in providing strategic recommendations to both corporate and field clients; demonstrated track record of influencing and advising at all levels
- Expertise in creating and operationalizing enterprise-wide talent strategies in a global, complex, matrixed organization.
- Experience in measurement/ analytics (data collection, analysis and interpretation) to support fact-based, predictive decision making.
- Previous experience with talent management technology solutions preferred.
- Previous success in influencing without direct authority and leading large scale, complex enterprise-wide change initiatives
- Must be able to travel up to 20% within and outside the U.S.
Grainger is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Benchmarking (Project Management)